I Own Games!

Joey Baltimore

Jun 30, 2024, 10:20:36 AMJun 30
to Beer, Dice, Beer gamer's guild
Can we rally people to play them?  It's America's birthday, let's show the crown we can do what we want, like play board games and dump coffee into the ocean.

Anyway, WEDNESDAY probably is the night, I thought Tuesday might work but I have other plans.

Thursday is the 4th, so evening is probably fireworks, but I'm now off work on Friday the 5th so that night could work if people want to game on a Friday.  A wild concept I know, but we're going on vacation the following week.

Speaking of vacation the following week, probably no gaming here the week of 7th-13th.

Lemme know here or get texts later.

brucewfischer

Jun 30, 2024, 12:14:01 PMJun 30
to bd...@googlegroups.com
Consider me rallied for wed

David Ninos

Jun 30, 2024, 12:36:30 PMJun 30
to bd...@googlegroups.com
In for Weds.

Joey Baltimore

Jul 1, 2024, 6:40:09 AMJul 1
to Beer, Dice, Beer gamer's guild
oh  neat, and rally we shall.

Joey Baltimore

Jul 1, 2024, 12:07:47 PMJul 1
to Beer, Dice, Beer gamer's guild
Lupes will be #4.

I am going to open the miniature pack for sure, not sure about the Leader cards, depends on if I have time to look but I think probably just roll with vanilla for now, I'm still wrapping my head around any sort of strategy.

Joey Baltimore

Jul 1, 2024, 1:07:20 PMJul 1
to Beer, Dice, Beer gamer's guild
btw - I am down to FOUR outstanding kickstarters with no active campaigns.

...and TWO games on backerkit

...and ONE and A HALF on gamefound (reprint ships for last light)

...and only two pre-orders.

and some of these are RPG books too.  IT'S CALLED GROWTH AND SELF CONTROL, ITS WHAT I'M ABOUT.

Kutchnerd

Jul 1, 2024, 2:59:26 PMJul 1
to Bdbgg
Are you just saving money to hire friends that are more available?

Joey Baltimore

Jul 2, 2024, 10:40:57 AMJul 2
to Beer, Dice, Beer gamer's guild
I'm assembling a vast collection of irregulars to replace scout masters.

for the tomorrow crew, vanilla  ARCS game, car nonsense eating my time to read about leaders and lore.

Joey Baltimore

Jul 3, 2024, 7:19:38 AMJul 3
to Beer, Dice, Beer gamer's guild
can't say i'm excited about the miniatures  - it's just ships and agents, no cities/spaceports.  weird choice.

anyway, game tonight, 7:30ish, catch you on the flip side.

David Ninos

Jul 3, 2024, 9:51:46 AMJul 3
to bd...@googlegroups.com
that is disappointing. Are they different at all or just color based?

Joey Baltimore

Jul 3, 2024, 10:08:53 AMJul 3
to Beer, Dice, Beer gamer's guild
i mean, the ships and agents are the same, and there are capital ships for the narrative version, but i don't know why there are not cities/starport minis.  whatever, that's just shiny stuff.

Joey Baltimore

Jul 4, 2024, 8:16:13 AMJul 4
to Beer, Dice, Beer gamer's guild
Hail Dave, Master of Arcs.  This time he won in 4 turns by hitting the points threshold.  Lupes was right there, using his "i'll screw with Joe as much as possible" this game strategy.  Solid.  YOU STOLE MY GALACTIC BARDS.  Bruce scored and I had single digit points....again.

That's twice I've gotten absolutely massacred.  Is it my new favorite game?  Almost certainly.

VIVE LA FRANCE

Joey Baltimore

Jul 4, 2024, 9:34:54 AMJul 4
to Beer, Dice, Beer gamer's guild
vacation is so much better than work

RULES - we messed up some rules but we all missed it (I blame Lupes).  Mainly with the BUILD action.  If you build in a sector controlled by another player, the piece you build comes in damaged.  This didn't come up too much, but when I was blowing myself up to kill Dave I think he built some ships.  HOWEVER, much like you can only tax a city one time, you can only build one ship per Starport.  We for sure were restocking the fleets which doesn't work (but also, now I can see why more Star ports are important).

I noticed this because the Leaders/Lore cards seem to break some of these rules.  Also, we are almost certainly going to play with Leaders/Lore next time as the abilities are not too crazy, and they all have a benefit/penalty.  For example, one lets you roll two extra dice every combat, but also you cannot move more than two ships at a time.

OK WHEN CAN WE PLAY AGAIN.