The Return of Mid-Week Gaming

Joey Baltimore

Jan 7, 2024, 9:23:23 AMJan 7
to Beer, Dice, Beer gamer's guild
The first week of the year has passed without major incident.  I have been playing Pendragon: The Fall of Roman Britain solo for the past few days and will for sure be finished or clean it up before Thursday.

Thursday - Who's in?  Game TBD - perhaps the start of Coin 2024?  Or more Last Light?   Or you know any of the other pile (like Court of the Dead).  But I have culled, culled the collection by at least 1/6th so that's progress.

We shall see who is around.  Upcoming weeks should be good for Wed or Thurs but this one has to be Thurs.

brucewfischer

Jan 7, 2024, 11:14:18 AMJan 7
to bd...@googlegroups.com
I'm available this week. A bit wary of trying a coin game during the week, maybe one of the short scenarios of the easier games. I feel we'd need all the players comfortable with the system before we embark on Pendragon.

Joey Baltimore

Jan 7, 2024, 7:11:47 PMJan 7
to Beer, Dice, Beer gamer's guild
yes, Pendragon almost certainly requires a Federal Holiday.  I'm still not done my playthrough.

Lupes,  who is beyond email, has informed me he in in this week.

Joey Baltimore

Jan 9, 2024, 7:23:04 AMJan 9
to Beer, Dice, Beer gamer's guild
We have Lupes and Bruce, the Kutch house has been visited by nurgle so it appears he's not going to be around.  Still a spot or two.

I was thinking we introduce Bruce to the Witches Lupes.

Joey Baltimore

Jan 11, 2024, 7:33:47 AMJan 11
to Beer, Dice, Beer gamer's guild
Lupes is down.  We're short a nerd.

brucewfischer

Jan 11, 2024, 7:40:56 AMJan 11
to bd...@googlegroups.com
Armagh. Unless another steps up, let's delay until next week.  My body could use some respite

Joey Baltimore

Jan 11, 2024, 7:41:48 AMJan 11
to Beer, Dice, Beer gamer's guild
Yeah, kutch's house still has lingering nurgle.  I'll see you sunday and hopefully we can get a board on the table next week.

Joey Baltimore

Jan 11, 2024, 9:34:02 AMJan 11
to Beer, Dice, Beer gamer's guild
in other news, cge responded to a tweet of mine hoping we enjoyed t'zolkin.  the tweet was from 2016.  yay internet.

Joey Baltimore

Jan 12, 2024, 7:57:40 AMJan 12
to Beer, Dice, Beer gamer's guild
I started Land and Freedom solo last night to continue the nerd night tradition.  Even if the theme doesn't interest you, for sure the mechanics are cool.  It's a very semi-coop versus the game, but you can easily lose your own win condition by not paying enough attention.  If they reskinned this as some sort of alien invasion or hordes of evil versus armies of good, we'd be all over it.

Kutchnerd

Jan 12, 2024, 5:02:13 PMJan 12
to Bdbgg
I’ve been trying to learn these new games, but I have found that without other nerds in the room, I fall asleep.

However, tonight, I am playing with a few  are with my non-nerd friends. I’ll let you know how it goes.