Thorsday

Joey Baltimore

May 19, 2024, 9:59:28 AMMay 19
to Beer, Dice, Beer gamer's guild
We're ushering in Memorial day weekend with Gaming on 5/23.

If the COIN boys want to finish the game, I'm up for it, but I suspect that train may have passed.  But I'd like to do something.  Maybe spring loaded conveyor belts?  Maybe GI JOE?  Maybe Dragonlance?  Maybe Crusaders.  My ratio of board games : RPG/40k is waaaaaaay skewed.

Joey Baltimore

May 19, 2024, 11:36:49 AMMay 19
to Beer, Dice, Beer gamer's guild
Actually leaning Spring Loaded Conveyor belts at this point, that COIN game was probably corrupted by getting the rule wrong, but another time.

Joey Baltimore

May 20, 2024, 7:01:12 AMMay 20
to Beer, Dice, Beer gamer's guild
huzzah, interenested parties.  we've got Lupes, and maybe Foti/Kutch for Thorsday.  I think that's a full table for an age contrived, it plays 5 but things might get crowded.  let's see when the maybe's turn into yesseses.

Joey Baltimore

May 20, 2024, 7:39:25 PMMay 20
to Beer, Dice, Beer gamer's guild
this isn't the best Age Contrived Video as I think there's a rule that got added after he made it, but it covers it pretty well.  Or you know, listen to me talk and assume I'm right (but make me check the book if it feels wrong, ie the Lupes-clause)

Joey Baltimore

May 22, 2024, 12:25:03 PMMay 22
to Beer, Dice, Beer gamer's guild
Good news for lupes, the game designer is very active on BGG so if you want to tell him a rule is wrong we can.

still waiting to turn some maybe's to yesseses.  but the boy is on standby.

Ryan Foti

May 23, 2024, 6:48:58 AMMay 23
to bd...@googlegroups.com
I am in for Thursday!

On May 22, 2024, at 12:25 PM, Joey Baltimore <joeyba...@gmail.com> wrote:

Good news for lupes, the game designer is very active on BGG so if you want to tell him a rule is wrong we can.

Joey Baltimore

May 23, 2024, 6:54:31 AMMay 23
to Beer, Dice, Beer gamer's guild
huzzah.  well Foti's message got marked as "needs moderator approval" which is what happens when the internet senses you're old.  but we have approved it.

7:30ish, kutch has to drop some scouts off or fight his way through unmowed lawn so he may be closer to 8.  the rulesbook is on bgg and there is that video.

lupes, i assume you want to be the green knight again?  kutch is going to be the lady.  foti, you can choose dragon, bird, or dude (my figures are unpainted).  there are some minor asymmetric powers associated with each, but mainly it's what color starburst you want to fling across the board.  if you don't care i'll choose for you but I have an hour long meeting on "improving workplace morale" today so i'm going to clean up punk rock dnd and set up the game.

there's some beers and non-beers here.  and seltzers.

Brandon Lupia

May 23, 2024, 4:08:18 PMMay 23
to bd...@googlegroups.com
Damn, looks like I already lost, how does Foti win a game, he shows up.

Sent from my iPad

On May 23, 2024, at 6:54 AM, Joey Baltimore <joeyba...@gmail.com> wrote:

huzzah.  well Foti's message got marked as "needs moderator approval" which is what happens when the internet senses you're old.  but we have approved it.

Brandon Lupia

May 23, 2024, 4:08:50 PMMay 23
to bd...@googlegroups.com
Yes, the green knight is fine.

Sent from my iPad

On May 23, 2024, at 6:54 AM, Joey Baltimore <joeyba...@gmail.com> wrote:

huzzah.  well Foti's message got marked as "needs moderator approval" which is what happens when the internet senses you're old.  but we have approved it.

Ryan Foti

May 23, 2024, 5:28:40 PMMay 23
to bd...@googlegroups.com
I’ll be the bird 🐦‍⬛

Sent from my iPhone

Joey Baltimore

May 24, 2024, 6:42:19 AMMay 24
to Beer, Dice, Beer gamer's guild
FOTI!
proving age ain't nothing but a number, Foti wins.  59-56 over Joey in 2nd place, with Kutch placing and Lupes showing.

I really like Age Contrived, and not just because of the absurdity of the completely useless and table space consuming spring loaded mechanism, I think there is a solid game there.  Hopefully we can get it on the table again before it becomes part of the shelves.

Next week if we play will have to be Wedensday.  Enjoy your holiday weekend nerds, feels like it's time for me to set up Vijayanagara...

Joey Baltimore

May 24, 2024, 10:55:01 AMMay 24
to Beer, Dice, Beer gamer's guild
they've announced an expansion....jeeze, i know people need to make money but this game hasn't been out in the wild that long.

rule mistake - the energy token you put on the track is not a tracker and does have to be the one you bind.  i don't think anything we missed was too game breaking, the recharge might have sped it up a bit and taking energy back would have saved a dead turn or two.  that played in 3 hours with 4 of us, but we had to learn, so i don't know that we actually took a turn until 8:30?  maybe 2.5 hours?  either way i think that's gonna be how long it is, 2-2.5 hours (you can speed the game up by completing monuments faster, which maybe would have happened with more double advance turns).