and now our moot has ended

Joey Baltimore

Feb 25, 2024, 9:38:14 AMFeb 25
to Beer, Dice, Beer gamer's guild
8 nerds returned, having gamed, and so we resume gaming once again.

This week - Wednesday or Thursday, whichever gets nerds.  Let your preference be known.  Wyrmspan is really good and should get back on the board, I got the update civ cards for Tapestry, and as always there is piles of stuff.  BUT, I have one kickstarter on a boat and no other (board game) kickstarters until the summer.  So like weeks of maybe playing a game twice!  And at some point we have to play Kutch's Dune game with more than three players.  I watched part one and have no idea what is going on!

The year of COIN is still a thing, although I'm thinking about waiting until kids spring break for the first one, but Cuba Libre really seems like we can play on a weeknight?

Brandon Lupia

Feb 25, 2024, 10:34:34 AMFeb 25
to bd...@googlegroups.com
Either day works for me.
Sent from my iPad

On Feb 25, 2024, at 9:38 AM, Joey Baltimore <joeyba...@gmail.com> wrote:

8 nerds returned, having gamed, and so we resume gaming once again.

This week - Wednesday or Thursday, whichever gets nerds.  Let your preference be known.  Wyrmspan is really good and should get back on the board, I got the update civ cards for Tapestry, and as always there is piles of stuff.  BUT, I have one kickstarter on a boat and no other (board game) kickstarters until the summer.  So like weeks of maybe playing a game twice!  And at some point we have to play Kutch's Dune game with more than three players.  I watched part one and have no idea what is going on!

The year of COIN is still a thing, although I'm thinking about waiting until kids spring break for the first one, but Cuba Libre really seems like we can play on a weeknight?

brucewfischer

Feb 25, 2024, 12:56:47 PMFeb 25
to bd...@googlegroups.com

Joey Baltimore

Feb 27, 2024, 6:34:36 AMFeb 27
to Beer, Dice, Beer gamer's guild
Ok, well let's see if anyone else chimes in, other wise we'll pick a day.

Lupes, are you ready to defend your Wyrmspan title?

Joey Baltimore

Feb 27, 2024, 7:31:36 AMFeb 27
to Beer, Dice, Beer gamer's guild
OR - witches?

Brandon Lupia

Feb 27, 2024, 8:59:25 AMFeb 27
to bd...@googlegroups.com
Always Joe.

Sent from my iPad

On Feb 27, 2024, at 6:35 AM, Joey Baltimore <joeyba...@gmail.com> wrote:

Ok, well let's see if anyone else chimes in, other wise we'll pick a day.

Joey Baltimore

Feb 27, 2024, 5:16:35 PMFeb 27
to Beer, Dice, Beer gamer's guild
Let's play tomorrow (Wednesday) night then.  Bruce, we're gonna let Lupes roll us in Wrymspan unless you got another idea.

brucewfischer

Feb 27, 2024, 6:30:06 PMFeb 27
to bd...@googlegroups.com
There may be a hiccup. More like minor infection, head cold,  or dengue virus.  Let's see what tomorrow brings, but I may need to bail.

I like hardly ever got sick before covid.  Not liking this at all

Joey Baltimore

Feb 27, 2024, 6:34:03 PMFeb 27
to Beer, Dice, Beer gamer's guild
ewwww.   well we can also try for Thursday if you need an extra day, I just picked tomorrow because I was bored.

Joey Baltimore

Feb 27, 2024, 7:07:03 PMFeb 27
to Beer, Dice, Beer gamer's guild
Yes, new plan, Thorsday is gaming.  If Bruce is better great, if not Lupes either another nerd (or two) will step up or I have some two player games I've been meaning to try.  or Xenos.  I'll see if I can wrassle up a Tom.

David Kutcher

Feb 27, 2024, 7:30:59 PMFeb 27
to bd...@googlegroups.com
Out this week. Maybe next week

Brandon Lupia

Feb 28, 2024, 7:20:39 AMFeb 28
to bd...@googlegroups.com
Sounds good for Wednesday. See you tonight
Sent from my iPad

On Feb 27, 2024, at 5:16 PM, Joey Baltimore <joeyba...@gmail.com> wrote:

Let's play tomorrow (Wednesday) night then.  Bruce, we're gonna let Lupes roll us in Wrymspan unless you got another idea.

Joey Baltimore

Feb 28, 2024, 7:50:24 AMFeb 28
to Beer, Dice, Beer gamer's guild
Thursday, to clarify, nerd night is now Thursday.  Leap day nerding!

Joey Baltimore

Feb 28, 2024, 7:03:11 PMFeb 28
to Beer, Dice, Beer gamer's guild
we got the Cap'n for tomorrow night Lupes, average age increasing.

Joey Baltimore

Feb 29, 2024, 7:05:54 AMFeb 29
to Beer, Dice, Beer gamer's guild
Ok - nerd night is back.  We've got me, Lupes, and Cap'n Tom.  Bruce you're TBD, just let me know whenever, I probably won't start setting up until 6ish.

Unless there's a groundswell of support for Wrymspan, we're gonna play Expeditions.  It has models and a bit more interaction, suits the Cap'n better.

brucewfischer

Feb 29, 2024, 4:01:23 PMFeb 29
to bd...@googlegroups.com
In the interest of the survival of humanity, I'm moving from TBD to out.

Joey Baltimore

Feb 29, 2024, 4:50:11 PMFeb 29
to Beer, Dice, Beer gamer's guild
get well soon, i'll do my best to topple lupes.

Joey Baltimore

Mar 1, 2024, 6:34:10 AMMar 1
to Beer, Dice, Beer gamer's guild
Lupes rolled us, completely, we didn't even finish counting the scores.  We're running Expeditions back last week, and then I'm going to find some board game tournaments and sponsor Lupes.  We will get him a special NSHU jersey that says #1 and he will lead us to the finals of the all valley.

But, man, Expeditions is cool, you gotta get a little lucky with the cards but when you're engine clicks you can start scoring stars quick like Scythe.  Timing...we played 2.5 hours of game time, Cap'n had never played so we had to do the rules, I'm guessing it's going to be 2 no matter what though, which is the only downside.  But the turns can go pretty quick.

Great job Lupes, one more step towards just getting the nerd room named after you.