BCVTB EnergyPlus examples - versions incompatibility

Mostafa Meimand

Dec 22, 2020, 4:42:17 PM12/22/20
to bcvtb
Hello All,

I've installed the BCVTB platform on my machine; I could not run the EnergyPlus examples. The reason (I think) is the incompatibility of the versions.
The oldest version that I can install on my computer (windows 10) is EnergyPlus 8.7. Older versions are not available for windows based on this link (https://unmethours.com/question/39845/energyplus-86-windows-installation-file-missing/); Edwin is the corresponding person of the older version of E+.

All examples provided by BCVTB are for an older version of EnergyPlus, and I want to use these examples for my research. What should I do? Is there any other way instead of using other operating systems like Mac or Linux?

bpouy...@gmail.com

Dec 22, 2020, 5:02:05 PM12/22/20
to bcvtb
you should be able to update the version of E+ your BCVTB is connected to. I mean instead of going back to older versions of E+, change the setting of BCVTB so it would connect to whatever version you have instead of an older version.

Mohammadhasan Fathollahzadeh

Dec 22, 2020, 5:06:12 PM12/22/20
to bc...@googlegroups.com
This might also be helpful in terms of the version that BCVTB is compatible with.

But, you could update the version that you are using.

Mohammadhasan Fathollahzadeh
Graduate Research Assistant
Department of Mechanical Engineering
Colorado School of Mines
Golden, CO, USA 80401
Message has been deleted

Mostafa Meimand

Dec 22, 2020, 6:27:46 PM12/22/20
to bcvtb
Thanks for your comments. I had changed the BCVTB setting; however, the problem is the example files of BCVTB are old (The newest of them is the 8.5 version). The oldest version that I can install on Windows is 8.7. This incompatibility of versions between 8.7 and 8.5 is the reason that BCVTB examples do not work on my machine.

Mostafa Meimand

Dec 22, 2020, 8:22:16 PM12/22/20
to bcvtb
I think I changed the EnergyPlus (.idf) files to newer versions wrongly. I used the suggested platform by E+ (http://energyplus.helpserve.com/Knowledgebase/List/Index/46/converting-older-version-files); which convert the .idf files to 8.5 and does not support converting to higher versions. Any idea how can I convert the older energyplus files to the 9.3 version?