bcvtb example

DA

Jul 4, 2012, 9:54:00 AM7/4/12
to bc...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
 I'm starting to use bcvtb beacuse I need to run co-simulation with EneregyPlus.
 I'm trying to run bcvtb examples (i.e ePlus70-schedule), but I've got the following output:
=============== EnergyPlus =================
   Input file  : SmOffPSZ.idf
   Weather file: USA_IL_Chicago-OHare.Intl.AP.725300_TMY3.epw
ExpandObjects Started.
No expanded file generated.
ExpandObjects Finished. Time:     0.020
=============== EnergyPlus =================
   Input file  : SmOffPSZ.idf
 Missing Energy+.ini
 EnergyPlus Starting
 EnergyPlus, Linux, VERSION 7.1.0.012, YMD=2012.07.04 15:35
 Processing Data Dictionary
 Processing Input File
 **FATAL:IP: Errors occurred on processing IDF file. Preceding condition(s) cause termination.
 EnergyPlus Run Time=00hr 00min  0.38sec
EnergyPlus Terminated--Error(s) Detected.
 ReadVarsESO program starting.
 Requested ESO file=eplusout.eso
 does not exist.  ReadVarsESO program terminated.
 ReadVarsESO program terminated.
 ReadVarsESO program starting.
 Requested ESO file=eplusout.mtr
 does not exist.  ReadVarsESO program terminated.
 ReadVarsESO program terminated.
EnergyPlus output files are located in: "/home/arosio/source/bcvtb/examples/ePlus70-schedule/Output"

===== EnergyPlus terminated with error =====
I use Ubuntu 12.04 and EnergyPlus 7.1.0. Can anyone help me?

Thanks,

Daniele Arosio

Michael Wetter

Jul 4, 2012, 11:10:13 AM7/4/12
to bc...@googlegroups.com
Daniele

Your error
**FATAL:IP: Errors occurred on processing IDF file. Preceding condition(s) cause termination.
is likely because the example is for EnergyPlus 7.0, but you are using EnergyPlus 7.1. See the EnergyPlus documentation for how to update the idf file to EnergyPlus 7.1. You should also look at EnergyPlus' .eso file to see if there are any remaining errors.

Michael

CleanTech Analytics

Jul 4, 2012, 12:31:32 PM7/4/12
to DA, bc...@googlegroups.com
Just a hunch, try to expand your HVAC template first so that it does
not need to run expandidf while connected to bcvtb

Sent from my Windows Phone

Jul 5, 2012, 3:03:56 AM7/5/12
to bc...@googlegroups.com
Thanks!
 after updating the idf file, examples work correctly

Daniele

David

Sep 7, 2012, 6:47:45 PM9/7/12
to bc...@googlegroups.com

CleanTech Analytics,

How do you expand the HVAC Template?

Thank you!
David

CleanTech Analytics

Sep 8, 2012, 1:59:05 AM9/8/12
to bc...@googlegroups.com
David,
When you run your idf containing HVAC template objects you will find a temporary file titled .expIDF.  You can change the extension to IDF, and it will run directly from EPlaunch.
It looks like Michael helped you solve this- Best regards

FM

Sep 12, 2012, 9:27:40 AM9/12/12
to bc...@googlegroups.com
Somebody help please!!! Looks like I am facing same problem as Dan, when I run any eplus70 file e.g  I'm trying to run bcvtb examples (i.e ePlus70-schedule). I updated the IDF file from 7.0 to 7.1 but i get same errors. Please have a look at my output file. I am so new to EnergyPlus and BCVTB.

RunEPlus.bat (Run EnergyPlus) SmOffPSZ USA_IL_Chicago-OHare.Intl.AP.725300_TMY3 ===== Start =====
        1 file(s) copied.
        1 file(s) copied.
        1 file(s) copied.

ExpandObjects Started.
No expanded file generated.
ExpandObjects Finished. Time:     0.078
        1 file(s) copied.
        1 file(s) copied.
Running C:\EnergyPlusV7-1-0\EnergyPlus.exe
Input File  : SmOffPSZ.idf
Output Files:
IDD file    : C:\EnergyPlusV7-1-0\Energy+.idd
Weather File: C:\EnergyPlusV7-1-0\WeatherData\USA_IL_Chicago-OHare.Intl.AP.725300_TMY3.epw
Begin EnergyPlus processing . . .
 EnergyPlus Starting
 EnergyPlus-64-MP 7.1.0.012, 9/12/2012 3:18 PM

 Processing Data Dictionary
 Processing Input File
 **FATAL:IP: Errors occurred on processing IDF file. Preceding condition(s) cause termination.
 EnergyPlus Run Time=00hr 00min  0.87sec

EnergyPlus Terminated--Error(s) Detected.
 ReadVarsESO program starting.
 Requested ESO file=eplusout.eso
 does not exist.  ReadVarsESO program terminated.
 ReadVarsESO program terminated.
 ReadVarsESO program starting.
 Requested ESO file=eplusout.mtr
 does not exist.  ReadVarsESO program terminated.
 ReadVarsESO program terminated.
        1 file(s) moved.
        1 file(s) moved.
        1 file(s) moved.
        1 file(s) moved.
Removing extra files . . .
===== RunEPlus.bat SmOffPSZ ===== Complete =====

Thanks
FM

Vaibhav Jain

Sep 12, 2012, 9:37:42 AM9/12/12
to bc...@googlegroups.com
What a chance - I am currently running the same file, but I didn't converted to 7.1 since I have both 7.0 and 7.1 installed. Mine simulation completed successfully. Here is a part of my report:

Begin EnergyPlus processing . . .
 EnergyPlus Starting
 EnergyPlus-32 7.0.0.036, 9/12/2012 3:31 PM
 Processing Data Dictionary
 Processing Input File
 Initializing Simulation
 Reporting Surfaces
 Initializing New Environment Parameters
 Warming up {1}
 Instantiating Building Controls Virtual Test Bed
 ExternalInterface initializes.
Opaque part contains invalid character: \
 Number of outputs in ExternalInterface = 4
 Number of inputs  in ExternalInterface = 2
 Warming up {2}
 Warming up {3}
 Warming up {4}
 Warming up {5}
 Warming up {6}
 Starting Simulation at 06/16 for Chicago Ohare Intl Ap IL USA TMY3 WMO#=725300
 ExternalInterface starts first data exchange.
 EnergyPlus Run Time=00hr 00min  1.31sec
EnergyPlus Completed Successfully.

Have you tried running your idf from EP launch? Is it running fine?

Vaibhav Jain

femi Aderohunmu

Sep 12, 2012, 12:40:51 PM9/12/12
to bc...@googlegroups.com
Hi Vaibhav,
Great I followed you advice, i tried to run from EP-L it was successful but I also chose a weather file. This is my result:
EnergyPlus Warmup Error Summary. During Warmup: 0 Warning; 0 Severe Errors.
   ************* EnergyPlus Sizing Error Summary. During Sizing: 0 Warning; 0 Severe Errors.
   ************* EnergyPlus Completed Successfully-- 5 Warning; 0 Severe Errors; Elapsed Time=00hr 01min 27.61sec

So what could be wrong with the bcvtb?

Vaibhav Jain

Sep 13, 2012, 7:03:48 AM9/13/12
to bc...@googlegroups.com
So its definitely an issue of version or (32bit vs 64bit version of E+), because it worked for Dan. May be your file is not converted properly. Else, I have no idea as of now. Sorry.

Vaibhav Jain

Vaibhav Jain

Sep 17, 2012, 8:05:24 AM9/17/12
to bc...@googlegroups.com
Hi FM, if you are still struggling, then I would suggest you to reinstall E+7.0. Because in the error message you posted above the problem seems to be with ReadVarsESO post-processor program. Its not able to generate ESO or CSV output files and hence BCVTB is not able to proceed further. So better would be to reinstall E+ 7.0. The same issue somehow happened with me, suddenly from no where; and I fixed it by re-installing.

Vaibhav Jain

Thierry Nouidui

Sep 17, 2012, 12:10:30 PM9/17/12
to bc...@googlegroups.com

FM,

Based on the error message shown in your log :

Processing Data Dictionary
 Processing Input File
 **FATAL:IP: Errors occurred on processing IDF file. Preceding condition(s) cause termination.

 EnergyPlus Run Time=00hr 00min  0.87sec

I will think that the issue is not related to the BCVTB but to the version of EnergyPlus you are using to run your idf-file.

As you might know, the BCVTB version 1.1 comes along with EnergyPlus example files prepared for EnergyPlus version 5.0 up to version 7.0.

If you want to use EnergyPlus version 7.1, you will have to update the existing example files first using the IDFVersionUpdater.exe, a preprocessor utility that comes along with EnergyPlus.

It might be that you did the update but that for whatever something goes wrong... Thus, I will suggest you to:

1)      Download and reinstall the BCVTB version 1.1 again

2)      Download and reinstall EnergyPlus version 7.1 again

3)      Use the IDFVersionUpdater.exe to convert your input file from version 7.0 to version 7.1

4)      Run the example file and see whether you are still having the same problem.

All the best,

Thierry

Melissa Dias

Jun 7, 2020, 11:21:42 AM6/7/20
to bcvtb
Some please help this keeps on coming up

 ReadVarsESO
 Requested ESO file=eplusout.eso
 does not exist.  ReadVarsESO program terminated.
 ReadVarsESO program terminated.
 ReadVarsESO
 processing:test.mvi

Zachary Berzolla

Jun 7, 2020, 12:00:46 PM6/7/20
to bc...@googlegroups.com
That usually means EnergyPlus didn’t run correctly. Make sure you’re pointing to the correct installation for EnergyPlus in BCVTB. If EnergyPlus is in fact running, it usually means there is an error in the Idf file that Is preventing the simulation from completing. It usually helps with debugging to run the idf file alone using EnergyPlus launch and check the error file.

Hope this helps,
Zach