How to model an Inlet temperature from Matlab to Energyplus via BCVTB.

Abdelhak KHARBOUCH

Sep 22, 2020, 1:28:21 PM9/22/20
to bcvtb
Hello,

I'm working on the integration of an Earth to Air Heat Exchanger (EAHE) simulated on Matlab, and a single zone building simulated on EnergyPlus 8.5.

Matlab calculates the Outlet temperature of the EAHE system and sends it to EnergyPlus via BCVTB Sockets. Energyplus then should take that outlet variable from BCVTB and calculate the new Indoor air temperature of the building.

Data exchange and BCVTB model are all working fine. Outlet temperature calculated from Matlab is well received at the external interface on Energyplus and can be seen in the output variables log file at the end of simulation.

The problem remain at how to tell Energyplus to take this  inlet air from Matlab and calculate the new indoor air temperature.  I need some guidance to solve that problem.

Thank you so much.