Six Ph.D. Student Positions Available At University of Colorado Boulder

wangda zuo

Oct 17, 2020, 12:10:46 PM10/17/20
to modelica-...@googlegroups.com, Digest recipients

Dear all,

The Sustainable Building and Societies Laboratory (SBS Lab) at the University of Colorado Boulder currently has six fully-funded Ph.D. positions in multi-scale modeling and optimization for the design and operation of smart, sustainable and resilient cities starting in the Spring/Summer/Fall 2021.

The research topics include 1) Explore multi-scale modeling technique for future smart and connected cities using the equation-based Modelica language and building upon our open source Smart and Connected Community (SCC) Modelica library and apply it to the communities in Colorado; 2) Develop and perform field test of advanced control strategies for grid-interactive resilient communities expanding upon our open source Net Zero Energy Community (NZEC) Modelica library based on a real-world net zero energy community in Florida; 3) Create open source Modelica models for the optimal design of grid-interactive efficient district energy system; 4) Investigate holistic building system modeling and control methods based on our open source end-to-end data center cooling system modeling and optimization package; 5) Invent smart sensor networks and machine learning methods to modernize cities via smart garden alleys with application in Indonesia.

The attachment is the job description. More information is available at our website https://www.colorado.edu/lab/sbs/openings.

Please help distribute the message. Thank you!

Wangda Zuo, Ph.D.

Associate Professor, Lewis-Worcester Faculty Fellow

Sustainable Buildings and Societies Laboratory

Department of Civil, Environmental, and Architectural Engineering

University of Colorado Boulder

303-492-4333; Wangd...@Colorado.edu

Website: https://www.colorado.edu/lab/sbs/

Univeristy-Colorado-Boulder-PhD-Positions.pdf