BCVTB error co-simulate E+ with matlab and Simulink error

Gyumin Kang

Mar 4, 2020, 6:33:29 PM3/4/20
to bcvtb

Hello.

Im trying to co-simulate Energyplus with Matlab and Simulink in BCVTB environment.  I tried to test examples but the simulink examples ePlus85Simulink-simpledo not work.

The following error shows: IOException while reading from server.

2020-02-18 13;08;19.PNG

was able to successfully run the ePlus85-schedule and matlab-room examples.

I tried using Matlab r2015b and r2019b, and both failed by same error.

 Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Here are my working environment:

Windows 10 Home ed

BCVTB 1.6.0

Java 8 update 241 (build 1.8.0_241-b07)

Matlab r2015b/r2019b

Energyplus 9.2.0

Thank you.

Thierry Stephane Nouidui

Mar 5, 2020, 6:23:44 AM3/5/20
to bcvtb
Do you get any error message from Matlab/Simulink? It is suprising that the Matlab examples run but the Simulink examples do not...

Are you using a Matlab shared network license? If yes, it may be that because you are trying to run both, Matlab and Simulink, that there may be some license issues...

Am Donnerstag, 5. März 2020, 00:33:32 MEZ hat Gyumin Kang <gk...@drexel.edu> Folgendes geschrieben:

Gyumin Kang

Mar 9, 2020, 5:00:11 PM3/9/20
to bcvtb
Yes I used academic network license.
OK I'll try another way. Thanks!

2020년 3월 5일 목요일 오전 6시 23분 44초 UTC-5, Thierry Stephane Nouidui 님의 말:
[...]

Jin Wen

Thierry Stephane Nouidui

Mar 13, 2020, 2:15:25 AM3/13/20
to bc...@googlegroups.com
You should be able to run both at the same time. I was thinking about the case of a network license with single seat but I actually see that you can' t even run the Simulink example. So the problem is not the license.
In your screenshot you can click to display the stack Trace. Could you please do that and send the output of it?

Am Dienstag, 10. März 2020, 13:40:55 MEZ hat Jin Wen <jinw...@gmail.com> Folgendes geschrieben:

Gyumin Kang

Mar 18, 2020, 4:41:10 PM3/18/20
to bcvtb
Hi Thierry. Thank you
I tried another java version, but same error occred.
I ran the example "ePlus85Simulink-simple" chaning the socket time to 100000, and the following is output of stack trace.
thanks

ptolemy.kernel.util.IllegalActionException: IOException while reading from server.

  in .system.Simulink

Because:

Connection reset

           at lbnl.actor.lib.Simulator._readFromServer(Simulator.java:495)

           at lbnl.actor.lib.Simulator.initialize(Simulator.java:788)

           at ptolemy.actor.Director.initialize(Director.java:939)

           at ptolemy.actor.Director.initialize(Director.java:908)

           at ptolemy.actor.sched.StaticSchedulingDirector.initialize(StaticSchedulingDirector.java:159)

           at ptolemy.domains.sdf.kernel.SDFDirector.initialize(SDFDirector.java:544)

           at ptolemy.actor.CompositeActor.initialize(CompositeActor.java:929)

           at ptolemy.actor.Manager.initialize(Manager.java:715)

           at ptolemy.actor.Manager.execute(Manager.java:354)

           at ptolemy.actor.Manager.run(Manager.java:1252)

           at ptolemy.actor.Manager$PtolemyRunThread.run(Manager.java:1903)

Caused by: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset

           at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(Unknown Source)

           at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(Unknown Source)

           at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder.readBytes(Unknown Source)

           at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder.implRead(Unknown Source)

           at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder.read(Unknown Source)

           at java.io.InputStreamReader.read(Unknown Source)

           at java.io.BufferedReader.fill(Unknown Source)

           at java.io.BufferedReader.readLine(Unknown Source)

           at java.io.BufferedReader.readLine(Unknown Source)

           at lbnl.actor.lib.net.Server.read(Server.java:240)

           at lbnl.actor.lib.Simulator._readFromServer(Simulator.java:386)

           ... 10 more

[...]

choy tuck wai

Aug 7, 2020, 8:18:04 AM8/7/20
to bcvtb
Hi, I am also experiencing the same problem. May I know if you have any solution to this?