Club meetings!?!?

Matiasek, Michael

Mar 20, 2023, 10:43:01 PM3/20/23
to Symbiotic Solutions Club (bcsymbioticsolutions@googlegroups.com), wilhelm , valerie, goodwin , rebecca, irmer , christine, Bloomer, Ethan, Roberts, Kayleigh, Galbraith, Ciera, larsen , zachary, Evertranta, Tullie

Hi Myco-Fans!

You all have expressed interest in getting the club back together. Over the years the Symbiotic Solutions club has done a lot of different things from learn how to cultivate mycelium, identify mushrooms and perform experiments in mycoremediation. Some of these activities focus on lab skills and others feel more just like going for a hike with other myco-curious people. Going forward the club can be whatever you want it to be. I suggest we figure out who is in and we get together and share ideas of what you all might want to do or learn and then schedule out regular meetings. To start figuring out what works and when please complete this doodle poll for your availability for a meeting next week.

Also, for past Myco-fans if you just want to stay on this email list to monitor our activities from a far that is totally cool, just let me know. If I do not hear back from you in the next week or so I will remove you from the list.

Can’t wait to get this going again!

Mike

PS- on a related note, I lead trail maintenance days in Upper Bidwell Park with Chico Velo Trailworks. If you got some spare time on the weekends and want to be outside and contribute to the maintenance of our local trails come on out. I bet we will be able to spot a few rogue mushrooms as well! It’s actually morel season in the valley and foothills right now! Time to check those burn scars for morels!

________________________
Michael Matiasek Ph.D.
Biology Instructor
Butte College

Matiasek, Michael

Mar 23, 2023, 3:29:54 PM3/23/23
to Symbiotic Solutions Club (bcsymbioticsolutions@googlegroups.com), wilhelm , valerie, goodwin , rebecca, irmer , christine, Bloomer, Ethan, Roberts, Kayleigh, Galbraith, Ciera, larsen , zachary, Evertranta, Tullie

Hey!

Just a friendly reminder to please complete the doodle poll linked in the first message ASAP, by Saturday would be great so we can get something planned and on our calendars for next week by Sunday. The first message had a hyperlink to a doodle poll and sometimes that triggers a spam filter to filter it out so you might have to dig it out of a spam folder. Hope to hear from you soon!

Mike

________________________
Michael Matiasek Ph.D.
Biology Instructor
Butte College

Naiya Sullivan

Mar 23, 2023, 3:46:30 PM3/23/23
to bcsymbioti...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mike and Myco-fans,

I enjoy receiving updates, so you can leave me on the list. Finally made it to Oregon, and just getting settled in.

Cheers,

Naiya

Matiasek, Michael

Mar 27, 2023, 2:07:41 PM3/27/23
to Symbiotic Solutions Club (bcsymbioticsolutions@googlegroups.com), wilhelm , valerie, goodwin , rebecca, irmer , christine, Bloomer, Ethan, Roberts, Kayleigh, Galbraith, Ciera, larsen , zachary, Evertranta, Tullie

Hey Myco-fans!

Thank you for everyone who completed the poll. I wish there was a time where everyone who responded could attend but for now but alas this is not. Lets have our first planning meeting tomorrow, Tuesday from 12-1 in front of my office (LS 104) on the picnic table. For those who can’t attend we will give you an update over email.

Check out who popped up in my side yard Friday last week. Morel season is officially open for business!

-Mike

Matiasek, Michael

Apr 8, 2023, 2:23:17 PM4/8/23
to Bloomer, Ethan, Symbiotic Solutions Club (bcsymbioticsolutions@googlegroups.com), wilhelm , valerie, goodwin , rebecca, irmer , christine, Roberts, Kayleigh, Galbraith, Ciera, larsen , zachary, Evertranta, Tullie
Yeah depending on everyone's preferences we could hike in upper bidwell Park and or table mountain. I recently discovered some secret waterfalls and slot canyons in bidwell park that I would love to share with you all. Also, table mountain is going to be experiencing a super bloom in the next two to three weeks so it would be cool to check that out too. Table mountain is closer to Oroville for those who have not heard of it.

Whose in?

Mike

Apr 10, 2023, 1:49:31 PM4/10/23
to Evertranta, Tullie, wilhelm , valerie, Bloomer, Ethan, Symbiotic Solutions Club (bcsymbioticsolutions@googlegroups.com), goodwin , rebecca, irmer , christine, Roberts, Kayleigh, Galbraith, Ciera, larsen , zachary

Sounds like we have a couple of you on board. Would 3PM work for folks? We could carpool from Chico for those coming from Chico.  For those of you who have not responded yet please let us know whether you can make it or if not when would be better for you.

Mike

Apr 13, 2023, 8:40:15 PM4/13/23
to Roberts, Kayleigh, Evertranta, Tullie, wilhelm , valerie, Bloomer, Ethan, Symbiotic Solutions Club (bcsymbioticsolutions@googlegroups.com), goodwin , rebecca, irmer , christine, Galbraith, Ciera, larsen , zachary

Sorry we could not pick a time that works for everyone.

It sounds like we are a go for the hike tomorrow. For those coming from Chico, lets meet at the Chico Center Parking lot at 2:30 PM and carpool from there. I am happy to drive. Tully and Val, are you both in Chico?  Ethan is coming from Chico as well but will be continuing south after the hike so he will drive himself.

Download this interpretive wildflower guide to your phones so we can identify the flowers that we find.

Mike

-------

Michael Matiasek

Biology Department

Butte College

3536 Butte Campus Drive

Oroville, CA 95965

Office: LRC 270

Phone: 530-895-2277

Apr 14, 2023, 2:28:21 PM4/14/23
to wilhelm , valerie, Roberts, Kayleigh, Evertranta, Tullie, Bloomer, Ethan, Symbiotic Solutions Club (bcsymbioticsolutions@googlegroups.com), goodwin , rebecca, irmer , christine, Galbraith, Ciera, larsen , zachary

Okay, no worries Val, I think that would bring us down to just two students. I think we should postpone until we get more students. Would next Friday same time work for more people? Or is there another day of the week that works?

Mike