BCSWomen Lovelace Colloquium 2014: Call for abstracts

hannah dee

Jan 15, 2014, 7:19:31 AM1/15/14
to bcswomen-love...@googlegroups.com

I am pleased to be able to announce this year's BCSWomen Lovelace Colloquium poster contest is now open.

All women students of computing and related subjects are invited to enter one of the poster contests at the BCSWomen Lovelace Colloquium. The poster contests are as follows:

 * Google Excellence award for best first year poster, open to students who are in their first year of study at a UK university.
 * Best second year poster for students in their second year of study at a UK university (also those on an industrial year or 3rd year of a 4 year degree - basically this is for students between their first and final years).
 * Best final year undergraduate poster for students in their final year of study for a BA, BSc, BEng or MEng (this will often be the 3rd year, but may be the fourth or fifth year, if the student has taken a year abroad, year in industry, or is studying for a 4 year Scottish degree).
 * Best Masters student poster for students doing a taught masters degree, or who are in the final year of an MEng or similar integrated 4-5 year course resulting in a masters.

We are also able to offer a people's choice prize for the best poster as voted for by attendees, sponsored by Interface3

To enter the poster contest, write a 250 word abstract on the topic of your poster.

If your abstract gets in, you'll have to come to Reading University on 16 April 2014 with your poster. The best 40-50 abstracts received will get travel bursaries, meaning that we'll refund your transport costs.

If you want to come along but not enter the poster contest, that is fine - we'll open up general registration in March. But if you're a woman student, consider entering the contest anyway - it's free to enter, looks great on the CV, we'll probably pay your travel costs, and you might win some cash.

More details here:

http://www.aber.ac.uk/en/cs/lovelace-colloquium/colloquium2014/abstracts/