BCSWomen Lovelace Colloquium 2019 Call for Abstracts

helen.miles

Jan 18, 2019, 11:20:49 AM1/18/19
to BCSWomen Lovelace Publicity
We are pleased to announce that the 2019 BCSWomen Lovelace Colloquium is now open for student abstract submissions! Find all the information here: http://bit.ly/lovelace19

In 2019, the event will be hosted by the University of Salford on April 17th.

All women UG & MSc students of computing and related subjects are invited to enter one of the poster contests at the BCSWomen Lovelace Colloquium.

The poster contests are as follows:
* First year and foundation year
* Second year, industrial placement, and any other non-finalists on BSc programs
* Final year BSc/BEng/etc, which also includes those in the penultimate year of an integrated MEng or similar
* MSc, which also includes those in the final year of an integrated MEng or similar

To enter the contest, students need to submit a 250-word abstract on the computing topic of their choice. The event is generously supported by sponsors so we are able to keep the event free for all who want to attend, and we can normally also pay the transport for all women who get into the poster contest (about 100 last year).

Once you have written your abstract, please copy and paste it into the form which you can find here: http://bit.ly/lovelace19

The deadline for abstract submissions is the 22nd February 2019.

Note that the event will be held in Salford on 17th April 2019, and if you are selected, you will need to be able to get to the event with your poster in order to compete.

You can find more about the event here: http://bcswomenlovelace.bcs.org/

Posters for people to print and put up in their departments are available from here: http://bit.ly/lovelace19posters

Please publicise this event widely - last year we had over 200 registered attendees, and this year we’re hoping to get even more people involved!

Yours,
Helen Miles and Hannah Dee
BCSWomen Lovelace Chair and Deputy Chair
bcswomen...@gmail.com