BCSWomen Lovelace Colloquium 2020 - an online conference

hannah dee

Mar 27, 2020, 11:38:52 AM3/27/20
to BCSWomen Lovelace Publicity

Hi BCSWomen Lovelace Colloquium supporters -

We are holding an online conference for BCSWomen Lovelace this year.

This is how it's going to work:

* The talks will be delivered by video and will be pre-recorded, so people can join in in different time zones, people who want to prepare and watch the talks early can do so, and people who like to watch talks together can
choose to start the videos together. The talks and all fixed/static aspects of the conference will be hosted by The University of Stirling on Canvas.

* The posters will be online as well, and we'll be holding the poster session, Q&As, panel and so on via Discord to allow text and voice chat. We hope to have employer stands and Q&As too. For the poster session, it'll be live, on the 8th April, around lunchtime. We have around 115 students registered to present posters at the current time.

If you would like to join in please register using the form linked below, by Friday 3rd April, and we will be in touch with a Discord and Canvas invite. The data collected in this form will be used solely for the purpose of inviting you to the Colloquium, and will be deleted immediately following the event.

Note - if this turns out to be remarkably popular we may close registrations early.

Yours-

Hannah