BCSWomen Lovelace Colloquium - last chance to submit a poster abstract, and a sneak peek at the venue

hannah dee

Feb 16, 2013, 8:28:39 AM2/16/13
to bcswomen-love...@googlegroups.com

Dear All,

The deadline for the Lovelace Colloquium was yesterday, and we've had some fantastic abstracts submitted. But we're able to take a few more abstracts; if you're a student thinking of submitting, or a lecturer who might be able to persuade a couple more women students to put in an abstract, we can to extend the deadline till Monday.
Full details here:
http://www.aber.ac.uk/en/cs/employability/lovelace-colloquium/colloquium2013/abstracts/

I'm really impressed with the range of topics people are choosing to write about, and also it's great to see the submissions come in from all over the UK. The most northerly submission comes from Robert Gordon University, in Aberdeen; the most southerly from Southampton, the most easterly from Cambridge and the most westerly from Aberystwyth.... so I can assure you that as usual, the day will be properly a national event (although if there are any students reading from Belfast, come on, submit an abstract!).

One of the reasons we're able to take more is that the space we've got for this year's colloquium is nice and big, and for the first time we're likely to be able to mount 50 posters at the same time. I visited the venue last Monday and I can tell you there's a great organising team locally, and that the space they've booked for us is perfect. I've put together a blog post with some pictures here:
http://www.hannahdee.eu/blog/?p=1072

We'll be opening up the event to general registration for interested people (students who don't want to submit a poster, 6th formers, and anyone else who's interested in coming along) in a couple of weeks, once we've confirmed attendance with all the poster contest people. I'll mail out details of that soon.

Yours,

Hannah Dee