BCSWomen Lovelace Colloquium 2015: One week to go till the abstract deadline

hannah dee

Feb 21, 2015, 9:53:11 AM2/21/15
to bcswomen-love...@googlegroups.com

Hi All

There's just one week to go before the abstract deadline for this year's BCSWomen Lovelace Colloquium - 28 February is the cut off.
To submit an abstract, and to find out more, check out

The colloquium this year will be held in Edinburgh, on April 9th.

As usual, we'll refund the travel & organise accommodation if necessary for the poster contest entrants (last year, 60 students had their travel refunded).  To get into the poster contest you need to submit an abstract.  Abstracts are just 250 words, on the computing topic of choice - the poster can be made later.

We've got a great speaker lineup, cash poster prizes, a panel of experts to advise on computing careers, a free lunch, and lots of cake - so please think of submitting if you're a woman undergraduate or masters student in computing. Please encourage any students you know to submit too - the more the merrier.

There will be a strong employer presence at the event, so it'll be of particular interest to those students looking for jobs (summer jobs and industrial year jobs, as well as proper jobs). Sponsors signed up so far this year are Google, Twitter, EMC, Slack, Interface3, and Bloomberg. We've got employer stands from Kotikan, FDM, VMWare, GCHQ, UTC Aerospace, and are talking to a couple of other companies.

If you've got any questions, just ask -

Cheers
Hannah