BCSWomen Lovelace Colloquium 2012: General registration now open

hannah dee

Mar 21, 2012, 6:55:28 AM3/21/12
to BCSWomen Lovelace Publicity
Dear All

I'm happy to be able to announce that general registration is now open
for the BCSWomen Lovelace Colloquium 2012.

Speakers are:

Gillian Arnold, Tectre ltd & BCSWomen (Keynote)
Amanda Clare of Aberystwyth University
Julie Mccann of Imperial College
Joanna Smith of Takeda R&D
Monika Podsiadlo of Google

And we have about 40 student poster presenters, coming from all
corners of the UK - from Cambridge to Aberystwyth, from Aberdeen to
Southampton.

You can find the booking link here:https://events.bcs.org/book/250/ -
please do register ASAP if you plan to come.

The day is free and open to all - and we will provide a free lunch for
all student and school attendees, plus any lecturers, teachers or
other accompanying people (e.g. parents or siblings). If you're an
interested party who's not involved in education, please still come
along, but bring your own lunch (we have a limited budget and are keen
that it goes to support the students!). You'll find a couple of extra
questions on the booking form as the event this year is open to school
pupils - particularly 6th formers - and we'd really like to track how
many of you come along. So if you are a teacher or a school-aged
person please do let us know.

The day starts with registration and coffee from 0930, and the formal
program finishes at 1630, followed by a networking social until 1830.

The event will be held in Building 2 East of the University of Bath.
For maps and travel information, see http://www.bath.ac.uk/about/gettinghere/

For those travelling from Bath Spa railway station, please allow 30
minutes. The University of Bath is the terminus of bus route U18
(and
others), with buses leaving from just outside Bath central bus
station, which is adjacent to the railway station. See http://www.travelinesw.com/
for timetables and maps. Buses run every
10 minutes and take about 15 minutes.

For those travelling by car and using SatNav, the University of Bath
can be found at postcode BA2 7AY. For visitor car parking, see
http://www.bath.ac.uk/security/parking/visitors.shtml

If you have any further questions, please email me on
bcswomen...@gmail.com

Yours,

Hannah Dee
--