The 2017 colloquium is now open for general registration

hannah dee

Mar 2, 2017, 11:50:32 AM3/2/17
to BCSWomen Lovelace Publicity

The BCSWomen Lovelace Colloquium will be on 12th April in Aberystwyth University.

If you want to come along to the day (but you're not in the poster contest), now is the time to register. The day is free, but we are not able to refund travel for general attendees.

Plan of the day:

09.30 Registration
10.00 Welcome
10.20 Keynote: Dr Sue Black OBE
11.20 Coffee break, with posters going up
11.40 Talk: Carrie Anne Philbin, the Raspberry Pi Foundation
12:10 Lunch & poster contests
14.15 Talk: Milka Horozova, Google
14.45 Talk: Christine Zarges, Aberystwyth University
15.15 Coffee break, posters coming down
15.45 Panel session on computing careers
16.30 Close & prizes
17.15 Social

We have had a record-breaking number of student submissions this year, with 116 poster contest entrants, so it's going to be a great event.

Aberystwyth is some way from the rest of the world, so we are making a bigger event of it. There will also be some kind of activity the night before 11th April. Aberystwyth is a nice town to visit in Spring, and there are several hotels on the promenade (we like the Belle Vue, and also the Glengower which is more of a pub with rooms).

Yours,
Hannah