error message

Larry Lumpkin

Dec 27, 2014, 11:22:34 AM12/27/14
to bcs...@googlegroups.com

I scanned a package and added it to the database.  It was HEB Black-eyed peas and here is the screen I got.  I’ve posted about this several times before and nothing seems to be happening to fix it.

Failed to connect to blindbargaint s.com:25 [SMTP: Failed to connect socket: fsockopen(): unable to connect to blindbargaint s.com:25 (php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known) (code: -1, response: )]

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/bcscan/public_html/global.php:355) in /home/bcscan/public_html/global.php on line 128

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/bcscan/public_html/global.php:355) in /home/bcscan/public_html/global.php on line 129

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/bcscan/public_html/global.php:355) in /home/bcscan/public_html/global.php on line 130

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/bcscan/public_html/global.php:355) in /home/bcscan/public_html/global.php on line 131

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/bcscan/public_html/global.php:355) in /home/bcscan/public_html/global.php on line 132

Your submission has been received.

Chip Orange

Dec 27, 2014, 12:02:39 PM12/27/14
to bcs...@googlegroups.com

Larry,

I too have been giving A T Guys such error reports for perhaps six months, with polite but utterly clueless replies.  The last one asked me for any error messages, saying they hadn’t heard anything about such problems.

In trying to be exact and precise about the errors, I did enough experimenting to determine that if you are not logged into their web site before you attempt to add something, you’ll get these error messages and it does not get added.

If you login first though (you do have to create an account on their site), it does appear the item gets added to their database, even though you still get the same error messages.

You can validate an item has been added any number of ways; one of which is the link on their site which is something like “latest database updates”.  Or just scan it again.

Hth,

Chip

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Bar Code Scan" group.

Steven Clark

Dec 27, 2014, 12:41:44 PM12/27/14
to bcs...@googlegroups.com
Another way to get an item added, especially if all you have to add is
the item name and size, is to go directly to the UPC Database web site
and add it on your own.
As long as they don't have the item either, as soon as you submit your
update, bar code finder / bcscan will identify it immediately.

Here is the link to lookup and then update their database.

http://www.upcdatabase.com/itemform.asp

Steve

Blind & have had Weight Loss Surgery or interested? Join the blind-wls
list by sending an email to:
blind-wls...@googlegroups.com

Follow me on twitter: @blindbites
Visit my blog: http://blindbites.com

Your value doesn't decrease based on someone's inability to see your worth.