Test and introduction

MattFromFlorida

Jun 29, 2017, 10:39:11 AM6/29/17
to bcs...@googlegroups.com

Hi, seeing if I am coming thru on the list. Then if I am I have some questions.

Thanks,

Matt.fro...@gmail.com

Betsy Sawyers

Jun 29, 2017, 10:43:04 AM6/29/17
to bcs...@googlegroups.com
Yep, coming through just fine.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Bar Code Scan" group.

MattFromFlorida

Jun 29, 2017, 11:17:29 AM6/29/17
to bcs...@googlegroups.com

Thanks!

Now I am thinking about getting the scanner from A T Guys.

But I have some questions about it.

(1)    If you scan say a generic bar code either one you already have or you make your own and then you put a recording to it I assume it is a recording ? Or do you type in the info ? Either way do you have a choice where this is saved at? Or will this be uploaded to the cloud? If you have a choice where it is saved I assume you save it on the computer not on the scanner as I assume the scanner does not store info on it?

(2)    (2) the USB cable on this thing how long is it and can you put an extension on it if you want to?

(3)    (3) Can this thing be used with say a IPad like the iPad pro that would have a USB port? Also would you be able to use this somehow with the iPhone?

(4)    (4) Also can this be taken out of the cradle and used by hand?

I have the ID mate Quest but it is having some problems and I just really not willing to fork out another 1500 bucks for a scanner by the time you buy the extended warranty and maybe more if you have to pay tax and S&H on it.

Thanks for any help or input  on these matters!

Betsy Sawyers

Jun 29, 2017, 3:33:37 PM6/29/17
to bcs...@googlegroups.com
I know you can use it on note takers and mac or windows pcs, but I don’t think you can use it with the iPhone and I don’t know about the iPad pro.

jacquesolivier at free

Jun 29, 2017, 3:42:38 PM6/29/17
to bcs...@googlegroups.com
Hello, it is possible to use an usb barcode scanner, with iphone's softwares, if it is connected on a PC. With a special USB bluetooth dongle which transmit datas from the pc to the iphone. I made the test with a xenon 1900 usb barcode scanner and it is good because they are a lot of softwares who use barcode on the iphone. But it is necessary to be able to type barcode manually in the software, if the software use only camera it is not usuable. Olivier

jacquesolivier at free

Jun 29, 2017, 4:34:39 PM6/29/17
to bcs...@googlegroups.com
Hello, my english is poor, to give an example of the dongle i have token, see here :

    Best regard, Olivier