Pragmatic Functional Java - has anyone tried this?

Immo Hüneke

Oct 13, 2021, 6:19:17 PM10/13/21
to BCS SPA SG, BCS SPA mailing list
Hello everyone,

and I thought it would make an ideal topic for a SPA evening meeting, provided we can find someone to lead a workshop or at least a short series of practical exercises.

I'm trying to fill the last few slots of the year (3rd November, after our AGM, and 1st December). Any programme suggestions welcome, whether on this subject or any other that would be of interest to software practitioners.

You'll be pleased to hear that the BCS London meeting rooms are available once more following the pandemic restrictions. From our November meeting onwards, we should therefore be able to meet in person, but the formal part of each meeting will be open to remote participation by both audience and presenter.

Best regards,
Immo

AGM Agenda
* Welcome
* Chair's Report
* Treasurer's Report
* Election of Committee (nominations welcome, right up to the start of the meeting - see below)
* AOB

We hope to get through all of this in 20 minutes, beginning at 18:15 on Wednesday 3rd November.

The current committee consists of
* Chair: myself
* Treasurer: Olivia Bosch
* Secretary: Soheir Ghallab
* Amit Bhagwat
* Michael Bateman
* Mohinder Khosla
* Gen Ashley (co-opted - SPA conference liaison)
* Aiesha Naulty (co-opted)

Required and recommended roles for BCS member group committees have been revised - see https://volunteer.bcs.org/Rules_committees and https://volunteer.bcs.org/Guidance_roles for details. We currently don't have an Inclusion officer or an Early Careers Advocate, so I would be very keen to receive nominations for these roles. See the above pages for links to role descriptions.

Thanks for reading.

Best regards,
Immo