lunch @ Fuegos @ noon Tuesday

1 view

Bronius Motekaitis

Dec 3, 2012, 9:21:39 PM12/3/12
to bcs-d...@googlegroups.com
lunch @ Fuegos @ noon Tuesday

Estas bueno?

-- from the cloud

Aaron Eaton

Dec 3, 2012, 11:02:29 PM12/3/12
to bcs-d...@googlegroups.com
Muy bien!

- Aaron Eaton

Dan Cary

Dec 4, 2012, 12:10:19 PM12/4/12
to bcs-d...@googlegroups.com
Sounds Awesome! I love fuegos. I have plans already due to the fact that I forgot that crazy Drupal people meet on arbitrary Tuesdays. ;--)~

For sake of planning, is your Drupal social lunch usually planned for the the 3rd Tuesday (outside of TG or Christmas months)?

Bronius Motekaitis

Dec 4, 2012, 12:51:22 PM12/4/12
to bcs-d...@googlegroups.com
You've got it, Dan. these lunch meetups are highly planned and coordinated, specifically designed to conflict and cause derision, group dissolution, and mutiny.

:)

We meet every other Tuesday with the exception of when I threw things off schedule before thanksgiving, and Monty realigned the celestial calendar.

-- from the cloud

Lumens7x

Dec 6, 2012, 12:14:37 PM12/6/12
to bcs-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi All

Bronius: LOL! Ain't that true? Oh what the holidays do to a man's rhythm, family & all. Not to mention the food hahaha! Let's just not go THERE.

Hey have y'all heard? Since I announced the desire for BCS to host a http://daycampfordevelopers.com/ on December 21st (the last day of the earth), Improving wants to give corporate sponsorship for facility & food.  It looks like a WONDERFUL day for PHP (and other) developers!  A real opportunity for us to build our skills AND our community.  What do you think - who would like to get on board and help us organize, recruit & pay for this $100 deal?  (So far we have 4 commits so $10/person is probably all it will cost.  Heck that's the cost of lunch at most places these days! tho Fuego is certainly cheaper.)

Please let us know!

-Monty

Bronius Motekaitis

Dec 6, 2012, 4:56:07 PM12/6/12
to bcs-d...@googlegroups.com
Ok anyone not overlapped on the other same-populated IT related lists just hit by Chris Weldon, here's more on Monty's post below:

Howdy Community!
Monty Dickerson brought to the community's attention the Day Camp for Developers coming up on December 21st. For many at the university and in the community, this time presents an excellent opportunity to take a day to come hang out with fellow technologists, have good food, and learn best practices in a friendly setting. As such, Improving Enterprises will be hosting an Office Party to watch the Day Camp for Developers. Improving will provide its training room, lunch, and drinks (yes, beer too) for the duration of the event. The current schedule of sessions for the event include:
  • Designing Beautiful Software
  • Cryptography for the Average Developer
  • Javascript Best Practices & BackboneJS for the PHP Developer
  • Your code sucks, let's fix it.
  • Building a Firehose
  • From POX to HATEOAS, A Real Company's Journey Building a RESTful API
If you are interested, please register at the following link:
http://daycampforbcs.eventbrite.com/
The whole office party costs $100. However, I've made registrations donation only. If you can, pitch in $10 and we can guarantee the event will run. Otherwise, pitch in what you can. If we get well more than $100, then we'll be able to splurge for a really nice breakfast and lunch for the day of the event.
I look forward to seeing you all there!

I've registered, and I'm looking forward to it.  Cheers
http://www.bronius.com
web | kiosk | drupal development