Re: Day Camp for Developers is ON - TOMORROW

Bronius Motekaitis

Dec 21, 2012, 9:11:24 AM12/21/12
to bcs...@googlegroups.com, bcs-communi...@googlegroups.com, dot...@listserv.tamu.edu, University Web Group, bcs-d...@googlegroups.com
looking forward to it!
and I plan to show up in the morning, because my clock doesn't go past 12, and I don't want to miss anything. ;)

see y'all soon!

On Friday, December 21, 2012, Chris Weldon wrote:
All,

This didn't get auto-approved to be distributed to the list until this morning. I apologize. This event is happening this morning at Improving's office in Research Park. As a reminder, parking is free and plentiful! Breakfast and lunch will be served, coffee will be hot-n-ready when you get here! We will start accepting attendees at 8:30am and the opening remarks start at 8:50am. Here's the official schedule for the day:

08:50 CST - Opening Comments - Cal Evans

09:00 CST - Building a Firehose - Ian Barber

10:10 CST - Your code sucks, let's fix it. - Rafael Dohms

11:20 CST - Javascript Best Practices & BackboneJS for the PHP Developer - Ryan Weaver

12:30 CST - Cryptography For The Average Developer - Anthony Ferrara

13:40 CST - From POX to HATEOAS, A Real Company's Journey Building a RESTful API - Luke Stokes

14:50 CST - Designing Beautiful Software - Matthew Weier O'Phinney

See you all soon!
--
Chris Weldon

On Thursday, December 20, 2012 10:27:28 AM UTC-6, Chris Weldon wrote:
Howdy Community!

A couple of weeks ago, I sent out the notice about the Day Camp for Developers. I'm happy to announce this event will be happening tomorrow, December 21st at Improving's office in research park! There is still room for people to attend, but I need everyone who plans to attend to register. The event is by donation. If you can't pitch in anything, don't worry - all we ask is you still at least register so I can have a proper headcount. If you run into problems registering, please shoot me an e-mail directly.

Registration link, in case you didn't see it above: http://daycampforbcs.eventbrite.com

Doors will open at 8:30 AM CST and we will wrap up sometime early evening.

Here were the original details in case you need a refresher. I look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow!

For many at the university and in the community, this time presents an excellent opportunity to take a day to come hang out with fellow technologists, have good food, and learn best practices in a friendly setting. As such, Improving Enterprises will be hosting an Office Party to watch the Day Camp for Developers. Improving will provide its training room, lunch, and drinks (yes, beer too) for the duration of the event. The current schedule of sessions for the event include:
  • Designing Beautiful Software
  • Cryptography for the Average Developer
  • Javascript Best Practices & BackboneJS for the PHP Developer
  • Your code sucks, let's fix it.
  • Building a Firehose
  • From POX to HATEOAS, A Real Company's Journey Building a RESTful API
If you are interested, please register at the following link:

The whole office party costs $100. However, I've made registrations donation only. If you can, pitch in $10 and we can guarantee the event will run. Otherwise, pitch in what you can. If we get well more than $100, then we'll be able to splurge for a really nice breakfast and lunch for the day of the event.

I look forward to seeing you all there!
--
Chris Weldon
Sent with Sparrow