Drupal lunch Tuesday

1 view

Bronius Motekaitis

Nov 9, 2012, 11:55:50 PM11/9/12
to bcs-d...@googlegroups.com
Let's plan to meet Tuesday the 13th.  The week following is Thanksgiving, and everyone and his dog will be thinking about sucking on a fried turkey leg-- I don't wanna compete with that.

More Asian?  Is there anything close to Greek around here?

-Bronius

--
http://www.bronius.com
web | kiosk | drupal development

William Cary

Nov 10, 2012, 12:07:33 AM11/10/12
to bcs-d...@googlegroups.com
It conflicts with the .Net User group meeting we are hosting this Tuesday. You guys come there  8-) . Otherwise, I will see you guys next month.
Happy TG.
Dan

Bronius Motekaitis

Nov 12, 2012, 10:55:19 PM11/12/12
to bcs-d...@googlegroups.com
Ozona at noon. Rumor has it it has the best burgers in town..

A topic: Acquia hosting. they've got a unique workflow built in to their 500/mo or so package. neat, but worth it ?

James- you were so right about site aliases-- wow.

-- from the cloud

Lumens7x

Nov 13, 2012, 6:32:00 PM11/13/12
to bcs-d...@googlegroups.com
Sorry I missed you guys; I had planned to attend Watson's .NET group's talk on Azure Cloud, and hadn't realized it conflicted when I rsvp'd. James' hints have tormented me sufficiently to punish my absence ;).

Anybody know if Drupal 7 or 8 can handle asynchronous JavaScript loading, like with Require.js?  I restored support for synchronous loading in https://github.com/montyaggie/tamufeed.js because it looks like Drupal may NOT be able to handle AMD, even in version 8.  Looks like WordPress *can* do it but *won't* do it systemically therefore it's useless because--you don't get the performance benefit (just a new syntax, bahh).

Monty
@puresight

Bronius Motekaitis

Nov 14, 2012, 3:57:03 AM11/14/12
to bcs-d...@googlegroups.com
You were missed, Monty!  In fact, seems stars have been out of alignment for a while now :)

Interesting question.  I don't know of anything in Drupal that prevents asynchronous loading: Everything ajax specifies its own menu path for server callback, and the .onComplete handler already on the client will get called by any call underway once it's finished.  I believe the option exists for sync vs async..

However, you wrote "..async javascript loading" implying you're talking about more than messages going back and forth: Require.js is a library to load supportive scripts on the fly, right?  Is there something about Drupal that prevents you from doing this just the same?  I'm sure you saw the single, unmaintained D6 requirejs module already...

-Bronius

Lumens7x

Nov 20, 2012, 10:17:08 AM11/20/12
to bcs-d...@googlegroups.com
Taco Tuesday @ Rita's ?

James Moughon

Nov 20, 2012, 10:39:50 AM11/20/12
to bcs-d...@googlegroups.com
Rita's? Rosa's... I will need a ride.

On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 9:17 AM, Lumens7x <lume...@gmail.com> wrote:
Taco Tuesday @ Rita's ?

Bronius Motekaitis

Nov 20, 2012, 10:57:21 AM11/20/12
to bcs-d...@googlegroups.com
can't make today, but y'all have fun!

-- from the cloud

Lumens7x

Nov 20, 2012, 11:05:59 AM11/20/12
to bcs-d...@googlegroups.com
Hahaha I think I have rita's on my mind wishing it was happy hour.
Meet me at 206B Coke, I'm glad to give a lift.  To ROSA's.

LOL!

monty