[BCR] Talk by Chinese Weiquan Lawyer

Gewei Wang

Mar 31, 2012, 3:04:11 AM3/31/12
to berkeleyc...@lists.berkeley.edu, Andy Zhou
FYI and Feel free to spread this around.

Our student group 柏克莱学社 has invited the well-known Weiquan Lawyer Pu
Zhiqiang to give a talk here at Berkeley.
I thought you would be interested in attending. Also could you or we
forward this to our classmates?

Here is the info:

2012, April 6
13:00~15:00 (PDT)
Room 170, Boalt Law School
"Rights Defense in China: A Perspective from Lawyer Pu Zhiqiang" will
be in Chinese, with English interpretation.
Pu Zhiqiang is a noted rights defense lawyer, and current executive
partner at Beijing Huayi Law Firm. In recent years, he has pioneered
lawyers' efforts to expand the freedom of speech and publication and
the official tolerance on dissent through judicial procedure. Some of
his cases include best-selling writer Zhang Yihe's suit against the
administrative ban order on her book in 2007; Ai Weiwei's FAKE
Company's taxation case in 2011; and Sichuan earthquake dissident Tan
Zuoren's subversion case in 2009.
If you'd like to attend, please RSVP to andy...@berkeley.edu
This event is co-sponsored with UCB Law School, CCS, and IEAS

Best wishes

Paulina and Andy

(un)subscribe berkeleychinareview

Steve Sze

Mar 31, 2012, 6:44:47 PM3/31/12
to gew...@berkeley.edu, berkeleyc...@lists.berkeley.edu, andy...@berkeley.edu
Dear Geweiw and Andy:
Thanks for your email.
Please RSVP.
Best regards,

Steve Sze, CEO & Founder
Prosper Financial
Most people are so busy today that they don't take the time to properly prepare for tomorrow...
When was the last time you reviewed your overall financial development?
2201 Walnut Ave., Suite 140
Fremont, CA 94538 Tel: (510) 789-2391, Cell: (510) 697-6988
19925 Stevens Creak Blvd., Suite 100
Cupertino, CA 95014 Tel: (408) 725-7572