bcm2835_init: gpio mmap failed: Operation not permitted

Rpeats

Jul 18, 2021, 10:30:30 PM7/18/21
to bcm2835
Greetings all,

I'm not sure where, to begin with, this, but I am using VS Code on a Windows 10 box using an SSH  pipe to a raspberry pi 4 to compile the "blinky.c" program from Harry Fairhead's book "Raspberry Pi IoT in C".  The code seems to be running whether I choose to start with debugging or not.  Of course, there is not much to see since the only activity is a 500ms loop that toggles on and off.  So I compiled it locally on the Raspberry Pi and made an attempt to run it from the command line as root and it returns with the following error message.  My apologies if this question is a common and redundant rookie mistake.

I was successful at running a similar program with the pigpio library, it was flawless I was also able to run a slightly more sophisticated sysfs version without using any library.  I would appreciate any help or guidance offered.  Thanks.