Food Day community meetings

Sarah Cadorette

Jul 10, 2013, 9:38:33 AM7/10/13
to bch-as...@googlegroups.com
Hey folks,

Food Day MA is holding two community meetings next week, and we'd love for ya'll to join us!

Cambridge Community Meeting
Tues, July 16th, at 6:00 p.m.
Democracy Center, 45 Mt. Auburn St.

Thurs, July 18
11:30-1pm, (refreshments provided!).

Catholic Charities, 25 Leonard St, Dorchester

Near the Fields Corner T stop, and parking is available.

Food Day is a nationwide grassroots movement to change our food landscape by providing greater access to and education on healthy and sustainably-produced foods, that culminates in a day of action on October 24 every year. By connecting community leaders, families and advocates from all walks of life, Food Day builds an awareness around how conscious eating contributes to the health of the environment, our children, our society, and ourselves. It's an examination of the food system at every level, from seed to plate, and shaping the ways we can take action to invest in "real food." Together, we can create a more healthy, sustainable and affordable food system for the environment, animals, and the women and men who grow, harvest, and serve our food. The community meetings are a way for participants to network and brainstorm ideas for celebrating this year's day of healthy, sustainable food!

Please RSVP to sarah.c...@gmail.com if you plan on attending, and I hope to see you there!

Be well,

Sarah