Sunrise Coop - new coop in JP - One last room available!

Gabriel Baldwin

Sep 10, 2013, 4:57:02 PM9/10/13
to bcn, bch-assembly

Sunrise Coop is a brand new healthy-living cooperative in Jamaica Plain. We are a diverse group of people who currently rent the bottom two floors of a triple decker conveniently located off Centre St. near the Jackson Square stop on the Orange line. We have one space left! Come and co-create this new community with us!

Our community's core values are: healthy living, environmental sustainability, respect for human diversity, and compassion for all beings.

Our house includes students, musicians, artists, scientists, researchers, and non-profit workers. The eight of us range in age from ten to late forties. Elders are particularly encouraged to apply.

Sunrise was founded around enthusiasm for the paleo lifestyle. We go in together on paleo-friendly food. So far we have ordered a cow from a friendly farmer and signed up for two shares of a fish CSA and a veggie CSA. We each cook for the house once a week including at least two sit-down meals together. More details TBD :)

We are raising money this year to help purchase a permanent home under a non-profit organization.

The available room is one of our smaller ones and rent is $710. This does not include food and utilities. We expect rent to be much lower next year when we move into our permanent home. The room is available immediately.

When you get in touch:

1. Tell us a bit about yourself.

2. What is appealing about living in a healthy living cooperative house?

3. You will be involved in deciding how we would like to live together. What sorts of things would you like to see and co-create in your new home?

Warmly, Gabriel