Two rooms open March 1 and June 1 in fun JP co-op house!!

Stephanie Baird

Jan 14, 2014, 9:56:07 PM1/14/14
to boston-collective-houses, bch-assembly
We have a two rooms opening in our lovely JP house. One room for March 1st for $500 and one room for a three month sublet beginning June 1st until August 31st for $375. We are a bunch of queer folks and allies who try to live an active and engaged life while doing lots of fun, community things. We live in a big family-style house. Some of us enjoy things like cooking, gardening, reading books, music-playing, activism, organizing events, bike riding, house projects, and playing outside. We have shared vegan meals 5 nights per week and pool our money to buy food, though many housemates also choose to buy and cook non-vegan food for themselves.

We also do chores, have house meetings, and sometimes hold public events at the house. We also really love working together to invest in our shared home by doing projects and improvements. Some examples include maintaining our flower and vegetable gardens to grow our own food, revamping our compost system, and winterizing our windows.

Although our individual beliefs vary widely, we support a collective politic of radical anti-oppression. Other resources our house offers include: bike shop, laundry, storage, music spaces, wireless internet, yard, porches, library, fireplaces, windows, and trees.

Here is the application: http://thefort.bostoncoop.net/openings.php

The application DEADLINE is Sunday, January 26th! You will be notified if you have been selected for an interview by Monday, January 27th. Interviews will be held at our home Thursday, January 30th - Sunday, February 2nd. Interviewees will receive a final decision from us no later than Monday, February 3rd