Sunrise Coop is a new healthy-living cooperative in Jamaica Plain. We are a diverse group of people who currently rent the bottom two floors of a triple decker conveniently located off Centre St. near the Jackson Square stop on the Orange line. We have several openings for September 1st!
Small room - $710
Medium room - $780
Larger room - $840 (can accommodate a couple)
Largest room - $870 (can accommodate a couple or small family, currently houses mother/daughter)
Our community's core values are: healthy living, environmental sustainability, respect for human diversity, and compassion for all beings.
Our house includes students, musicians, artists, scientists, researchers, and non-profit workers. The eight of us range in age from eleven to late forties. Elders are particularly encouraged to apply.
Sunrise was founded around enthusiasm for the paleo lifestyle. We go in together on paleo-friendly food. So far we have a grass fed cow in our freezer and two shares of a local veggie CSA in addition to other food.
Our shared food and utilities are $260 per month per person.
We have a calendar in the kitchen where we each sign up to cook one meal per week which gives us lots of flexibility on when we are cooking. We rotate shopping trips and household chores. We have bi-monthly hangouts (meetings aren't as fun as hangouts!) that have recently been happening following brunch on Saturdays and have happened on weeknights in the past.
When you get in touch please tell us a bit about yourself:
1. What are your passions?
2. What is appealing about living in a healthy living cooperative house?
3. You will be involved in deciding how we would like to live together. What sorts of things would you like to see and co-create in your new home?
4. How do you support yourself financially?
5. What is your group living experience?
6. Describe your most recent living experiences.
7. How long would you be looking to live in our coop? We will each have to sign a new lease for next year starting 9/1.
8. What is your experience with children?
9. What is your phone number?