Sunrise Coop - JP - Summer sublet 6/1-9/1, +Sept 1 openings

Gabriel Baldwin

May 17, 2014, 9:12:17 AM5/17/14
to bcn, bch-assembly

Sunrise Coop is a new healthy-living cooperative in Jamaica Plain. We rent two floors of a triple decker conveniently located off Centre St. near the Jackson Square stop on the Orange line. We have one room opening June 1st for the summer months! Also reach out if your interested in moving in with us September 1 :)

Our community's core values are: healthy living, environmental sustainability, respect for human diversity, and compassion for all beings.

Our house includes students, musicians, artists, scientists, researchers, and non-profit workers. The eight of us range in age from eleven to late forties. Elders are particularly encouraged to apply.

Sunrise was founded around enthusiasm for the paleo lifestyle. We go in together on paleo-friendly food. So far we have a grass fed cow in our freezer and two shares of a local veggie CSA in addition to other food. We have a second kitchen where we can make up our own food that isn't paleo.

The available room is one of our smaller ones and rent is $710/mo, optionally if you would prefer a large room at $840/mo that is also a possibility. Our shared food and utilities are $260 per month per person.

We have a calendar in the kitchen where we each sign up to cook one meal per week which gives us lots of flexibility on when we are cooking. We rotate shopping trips and household chores. We have bi-monthly hangouts (meetings aren't as fun as hangouts!) that have recently been happening following brunch on Saturdays.

When you get in touch please tell us a bit about yourself:

1. What are your passions?

2. What is appealing about living in a healthy living cooperative house?

3. What is your group living experience?

4. Describe your most recent living experiences.

5. What is your experience with children?

6. What is your phone number?

Warmly, Gabe