Re: FTC Summer Sublet Opening! July-August!

Pamela Mishkin

Jun 16, 2013, 10:14:22 AM6/16/13
to bch-as...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm a junior at Yale working in Boston for the summer and am VERY interested in this sublet if it's still available. I recently returned from a year off in Southeast Asia doing research on sustainable agriculture. Your sublet sounds perfect for me--I am looking to move in as soon as possible and stay August.

Best,

Pamela

On Sunday, May 5, 2013 10:54:39 AM UTC-4, Jacob Bragen wrote:

Hi co-opers & potential co-opers!

We are looking for interviewees to fill a July-August 2013 vacancy in a collective house that acts as the primary location for Food Not Bombs Boston (http://fnbboston.org/). We will be losing the first floor come September, so this is really just a short summer sublet.

The house: The Food Trade Center (http://foodtradecenter.wordpress.com/)

- Location: in Allston near (2 minute walk) the B line stops at Harvard/Comm. Ave and Griggs St./Long Ave, and from the 66 bus.

- 2 kitchens, 2 common rooms, and 4 bathrooms

- We are a mix of students (undergrad and graduate) and workers.

- Most of us are (along with school and/or work) involved in Boston area activism both on and off the campus.

Expectations:

- The house makes decisions on consensus process (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consensus_decision-making) and functions as a collective.

- Housemates are expected to do a weekly chore.

- House meetings are important so it is important that this is something you can work with us to make time available.

- An interest in taking part in Food Not Bombs is a plus, as is experience in collective living.

- All summer long we have access to free, organic heirloom produce as part of hosting the FNB kitchen

-We have a (tiny) 2nd season permaculture garden project growing our own food at the house

Striving to function as a "safer space" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Safe-space), we do our best to act within ourselves and our communities to reduce and end oppressive behavior and language.  We are LGBQ and transgender friendly, all diets friendly, and generally friendly.

The rooms:

- 3rd largest room on first floor, roughly 13’x13’, has two windows and two closets. Currently a double, so you will have a roommate, but he lives out of town, and only visits on some weekends. For the most part, you will have a single.

- Current rent: $400 However, we are committed to using co-op living as a way to make housing more affordable.  We are willing to accommodate as much as we can on the basis of individual financial situation (rent = room desirability * ability to pay).  Some housemates who can afford to intentionally pay a little more do so to allow low-income housemates to pay a little less.

If you're looking for housing, and are interested in social justice as well as enjoy eating free (primarily vegan) food, send an email and tell us about yourself!

The Food Trade Center