Which Linux distro for the Enterprise

Robert Arkiletian

Mar 10, 2013, 11:46:24 PM3/10/13
to bcf...@googlegroups.com
The posts on this discussion

https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=5349626

are interesting as they seem to be by experienced sys admins. I
rarely see such informative posts regarding enterprise Linux distros.

In summary it boils down to either straight Debian or RedHat/CentOS.
Interestingly, it seems like Ubuntu LTS is not fairing as well as
Debian or RH/CentOS in the Enterprise.

--
Robert Arkiletian

Les Richardson

Mar 11, 2013, 1:07:30 AM3/11/13
to bcf...@googlegroups.com
Hi Robert,

Yes, we tend to use straight Debian in our servers at many First
Nations installations, among others.
(Open Admin for Schools).

The Dadavan servers I've worked on, which serve many First Nations in
eastern Canada (among others),
have had Centos installs.

Both distros work very well, of course. Simple, Reliable, and easy to
update. A perfect server appliance, IMO,
when combined with good hardware.

Les Richardson
Open Administration for Schools
SK, Canada