openStudent at VIJUG

Manfred Moser

Apr 25, 2012, 1:55:16 PM4/25/12
to bcf...@googlegroups.com
Hi all!

Just a reminder that Warren White from the openStudent project is going to introduce the project and technical aspects about it to the Vancouver Island Java User Group tomorrow evening.

The meeting details are here

The meeting is open to the public and free to attend so it would be great to see some of you there.

manfred

Seema Ali

Apr 25, 2012, 4:36:58 PM4/25/12
to bcf...@googlegroups.com
Will there be video streaming of the presentation for those who are unable to make it to the island?

From Seema.

Apr 25, 2012, 4:41:46 PM4/25/12
to bcf...@googlegroups.com
great idea as I have to attend a meeting in Vancouver and will really miss Warren's presentation.

thanks Seema

gregg

Gregg Ferrie, MSc-IS, ICP
Director of Information Technology
School District No. 63 (Saanich)
Office (250) 652-7311
Cell (250) 580-6840

Manfred Moser

Apr 25, 2012, 5:05:10 PM4/25/12
to bcf...@googlegroups.com
No. We do not have any infrastructure or volunteers that could handle
that. I am mostly organizing things on my own and there is only so much I
can do.

Freddie Cash

Apr 25, 2012, 5:07:21 PM4/25/12
to bcf...@googlegroups.com

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 2:05 PM, Manfred Moser <man...@mosabuam.com> wrote:
> No. We do not have any infrastructure or volunteers that could handle
> that. I am mostly organizing things on my own and there is only so much I
> can do.

Would it be possible to film the presentation (via camcorder, webcam,
etc), and then post it online afterward?

Or, at the very least, put online the slides (if there are any)?

This sounds like an interesting presentation, but there's no way I can
drive down to the Island just for this presentation. lol. :)

--
Freddie Cash
fjw...@gmail.com

Gregg Ferrie

Apr 25, 2012, 5:20:08 PM4/25/12
to bcf...@googlegroups.com
Brilliant idea Freddie! hopefully someone has a digital camera and can record and post.

it will be interesting I am sure.

gregg :)

Gregg Ferrie, MSc-IS, ICP
Director of Information Technology
School District No. 63 (Saanich)
Office (250) 652-7311
Cell (250) 580-6840

Manfred Moser

Apr 25, 2012, 6:30:51 PM4/25/12
to bcf...@googlegroups.com
I am sure Warren will make the presentation file available either on
openStudent or the VIJUG site or both..

Manfred Moser

Apr 27, 2012, 12:35:19 PM4/27/12
to bcf...@googlegroups.com

Warren did a great job yesterday presenting to us and I am sure he got some very valuable feedback.

manfred