BCCHC Updates 01/15/2021

enr...@bchealthcouncil.org

Jan 15, 2021, 5:19:35 PM1/15/21
to bc...@googlegroups.com

BCCHC Community!

IN THIS EMAIL

1 – COVID-19 Vaccine FAQ (English and Spanish)

2 – Families United for Education Event Change, Saturday, January 16, 3PM

3 – COVID-19 Vaccination: It Matters in Saving Black Lives, Saturday, January 16, Noon

4 – 30 Days of Nonviolence, January 18 – February 17, 2021

The Bernalillo County Community Health Council will be closed on Monday, January 18 in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King, and the work to create a more inclusive country.

Hopefully all are well. The seditious insurrection of January 6, still weighs on many minds, and across our communities. The Governor has declared a state of emergency in response*. The threat of an ongoing problem of political violence may last the entire year according to reports on the FBI High Alert Warning issued this week. Health equity requires equity in social, economic, and political areas of life. With that in mind please consider what you may be able to do to reduce white supremacy and pro-fascist tendencies in our communities.

The Council is committed to health equity. We will continue to work to improve equity in social, economic, and political areas within our communities. The concentration of power and resources literally takes years off of the lives of members in our communities. The Council will continue to stand and work for equity in all areas of community, democratization of power and resources, ending of patriarchy, and for a healthy environment for all. That vision requires us to all work together. We will spend part of the January 26 Monthly networking meeting focusing on this work. Bring your vision for a healthier and more equitable community on that day.

While working on policy is of primary focus, it is often a top-down process and we hope to also support a bottom-up process for public health.

*Response noted above.

https://www.krqe.com/news/new-mexico/gov-lujan-grisham-declares-state-of-emergency-leading-up-to-inauguration/

1 – COVID-19 Vaccine FAQ (English and Spanish)

Attached are COVID-19 FAQsheets.

Along with this the New Mexico Department of Health on Thursday announced the launch of the state’s vaccine dashboard.

The website - https://cvvaccine.nmhealth.org/public-dashboard.html  - offers key up-to-the-day statistics about the state’s vaccination effort, including vaccines received in New Mexico, vaccines administered, vaccines administered in the last seven days, and total registrants to New Mexico’s vaccine registration website, vaccinenm.org. The site also features a map with the location of every active vaccination provider in the state.

2 – Families United for Education Event Change, Saturday, January 16, 3PM

Greetings, FUE Community:

Because the Governor has declared a state of emergency due to the possibility of violence at events planned this weekend following this week's presidential impeachment, FUE has postponed the caravan portion of the action for the safety of everyone in the community. However, we will still be proceeding with the Online Rally at 3 pm.  Here are the Zoom details.

Zoom link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84934173113?pwd=V21YQWhIOERwUEt4TWJCY29Fa3BBUT09

Zoom Meeting ID: 849 3417 3113

Passcode: 609511

Thank you all for understanding! There will be updates soon on the new caravan date.

In solidarity,

Maria Rogahn

on behalf of Families United for Education

3 – COVID-19 Vaccination: It Matters in Saving Black Lives, Saturday, January 16, Noon

Sponsored by Minority Health Institute and UCLA BRITE Center for Science, Research and Policy

Saturday, January 16th, 12:00 p.m. (ET) - webinar

For more information and to register

Visit www.mhinst.org to see the list of scheduled program speakers/panelists

4 – 30 Days of Nonviolence, January 18 – February 17, 2021

In Solidarity for Health Equity!

Enrique Cardiel, MPH

Executive Director

Bernalillo County Community Health Council

He/Him/His also Camarada
505.246.1638

Donate online to help keep our public health work thriving!
https://secure.givelively.org/donate/bernalillo-county-community-health-council

image001.png
image002.jpg
COVID-19 Vaccine-FAQsheet-General.pdf
COVID-19 Vaccine-FAQsheet-General-SP.pdf