HEC Updates 07/20/21

enr...@bchealthcouncil.org

Jul 20, 2021, 2:44:13 PM7/20/21
to bc...@googlegroups.com, enr...@bchealthcouncil.org, limt...@salud.unm.edu

HEC Community!

IN THIS EMAIL

1 – HEC Monthly Networking Meeting, Tuesday, July 27, 10AM

It has been 496 days since the global pandemic was declared. There was a window of time where we may have been done with this situation and without the 609,000 deaths in the US and over 4,100,000 deaths globally. We are now in a situation where cases in the US are on the increase again. Some locations have begun to reinstate indoor mask wearing again. It seems wise to begin to voluntarily wear masks indoors again to prevent further increases. Those who have been vaccinated who catch COVID may not have any symptoms and may spread cases without knowing. There’s no need to wait until there is a surge in cases and deaths to respond.

Though we do not have a County or City level Public Health Department I do want to take this opportunity as the Director of the local Health Council to suggest that we wear masks indoors, especially in public spaces, and also when in a large outdoor group where it is crowded. I also want to encourage people to post pictures with masks and the hashtag #IMaskUp and some reasons. I would suggest something about preventing a new surge, people in your life with underlying health conditions, children, etc. HEC will be revisiting the #IMaskUp campaign and will be sharing more information soon.

Over the last year so many people have commented that “public health is in the news like never before.” That has been true. At the same time public health workers have been threatened and harassed. Most recently in Tennessee not only have public health workers been discouraged from promoting vaccines to teens, they have been discouraged from promoting any vaccines for any children. We definitely need a movement for public health.

Attached is a flyer for a vaccination event this afternoon.

ALSO, please check out some of the work our young adult interns have been doing around Opioid Use and the LGBTQIA+ community at:

https://www.instagram.com/littlethingsmatternm/

We will be following numbers of COVID cases closely so we can determine when we may begin to have more in-person meetings.

1 – HEC Monthly Networking Meeting, Tuesday, July 27, 10AM

Agenda:
Welcome, Breathing, and Introductions – Enrique

Staff Updates

Health Profile – Vanessa

Local Growing in the International District and Beyond! – Bridget

Health Equity Council is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81107070346?pwd=SzVuQ1BxVXR6anROSVRMM0R1Vm5GQT09

Meeting ID: 811 0707 0346
Passcode: 140929
One tap mobile
+16699006833,,81107070346#,,,,*140929# US (San Jose)
+12532158782,,81107070346#,,,,*140929# US (Tacoma)

Dial by your location
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
        +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
        +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
        +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
        +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
Meeting ID: 811 0707 0346
Passcode: 140929
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kVNOTdTKO

In Solidarity for Health Equity!

Enrique Cardiel, MPH

Executive Director | Health Equity Council

He/Him/His also Camarada

P: 505.246.1638

E: enr...@bchealthcouncil.org

Donate online to help keep our public health work thriving!
https://secure.givelively.org/donate/bernalillo-county-community-health-council

image001.png
Vaccine save the date 4.pdf