BCCHC Updates - 10/30/2020

enr...@bchealthcouncil.org

Oct 30, 2020, 5:51:02 PM10/30/20
to bc...@googlegroups.com, enr...@bchealthcouncil.org, moniqu...@protonmail.com

BCCHC Community!

IN THIS EMAIL

1 – Community De-Escalation Training, Monday, November 2, 3PM

2 – Albuquerque Paid Leave Ordinance
3 – Voter Support on Election Day

4 – BIKES for Kids!

5 – UNM Family Development Program Resource and Referral Survey
6 – CABQ Temporary Staff Needed (JOB ALERT)

I’m going to share this again as it is important. Right now it is up to ALL OF US to help reduce the current outbreak.

New Mexico Community Data Collaborative MAP OF NM COVID-19 TESTING SITES

Includes statewide sites sponsored by all providers, including pop-up sites, with hours, contact info and links.  UPDATED WEEKLY –

COVID-19 Testing Locations - New Mexico

https://arcg.is/1bT95a

1 – Community De-Escalation Trainings, Monday, November 2, 3PM

Quick Description:

This training will build on the workshop from this afternoon. It will include information on working at a voting location.

Monday, November 2 at 3PM
BCC Health Council is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom De-Escalation Training.
Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89359638075?pwd=R2M4Y0ltZ3NWQmd2bTdzNlRzRGVpZz09

Meeting ID: 893 5963 8075
Passcode: 843711
One tap mobile
+12532158782,,89359638075#,,,,,,0#,,843711# US (Tacoma)
+13462487799,,89359638075#,,,,,,0#,,843711# US (Houston)

Dial by your location
        +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
        +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
        +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
        +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
Meeting ID: 893 5963 8075
Passcode: 843711
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kCpV5OJtr

2 – Albuquerque Paid Leave Ordinance
Councilors Sena and Davis are proposing a Paid Leave Ordinance on Monday. https://www.cabq.gov/council/find-your-councilor/district-1/news/city-councilors-lan-sena-and-pat-davis-introduce-the-healthy-families-and-workplaces-ordinance

Paid leave is a public health issue. Without paid leave workers are not able to properly take care of themselves, their families, and may potentially expose the community with a contagious disease. Supporting workers with appropriate PPE is also important. The Council has been reviewing studies on paid leave. We have found that paid leave reduces flu transmission by 6% and also increases the number of workers who get vaccinated for the flu. We can guess that this translates to some degree to COVID spread, and eventual vaccination. Workers with paid leave also are more able to provide regular preventative care for their children and other family members. We can give you information and you decide where you stand on this issue. If you’d like more information on paid leave and health we can share more Monday during the day.

You are encouraged to voice your thoughts to YOUR City Council by Monday. Likely to be best by the end of lunch as the Council meeting is in the late afternoon.

District 1: Councilor Lan Sena - lan...@cabq.gov  or (505) 768-3183

District 2: Councilor Isaac Benton - ibe...@cabq.gov  or (505) 768-3186

District 3: Councilor Klarissa Peña - kp...@cabq.gov  or (505) 768-3127

District 4: Councilor Brook Bassan - bba...@cabq.gov  or (505) 768-3101

District 5: Councilor Cynthia Borrego - cynthia...@cabq.gov  or (505) 768-3189

District 6: Councilor Pat Davis - patd...@cabq.gov  or (505) 768-3152

District 7: Councilor Diane Gibson - dgi...@cabq.gov  or (505) 768-3136

District 8: Councilor Trudy Jones - trudy...@cabq.gov  or (505) 768-3106

District 9: Councilor Don Harris - dha...@cabq.gov  or (505) 768-3123

There was a press conference today. https://youtu.be/RTeJYmOeCJY

3 – Voter Support on Election Day

If people want to support voters who may be in long lines on Tuesday please reach out to OLÉ New Mexico. They will have granola bars that can be picked up on Tuesday and masks (while they last). You can send an email to aser...@olenm.org and please contact Andrea by Monday afternoon.

4 – BIKES for Kids!

MORE BIKES for Kids!

I have great news!  Steve Echols, our “BIKE GUY”, has been busy fixing and refurbishing bikes for kids.  This is a perfect time to get a bike so kids can get outside and exercise. Volunteers are needed as well to welcome to come help kids pick out their perfect bike.

Please show up on Sunday, November 1, from 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm at 8900 D San Mateo NE. (Exit Alameda W. from I-25 and turn right at San Mateo.)  Wear masks.  This will be a first come first serve opportunity. He has at least 50 bikes to give away so we sure hope to see you on Sunday!

Steve would also like to give each child a helmet to go along with the bikes.  If you have a bike helmet in your garage that is not being used, you can drop it off Sunday at the giveaway location or helmets can also be dropped off at our Wings office.

Wings office address:

2015 Wyoming Blvd NE Suite J

2 blocks S. of Menaul on W. side of street from Furr’s Buffet

Direct Phone #:  505-298-0985

General office hours:  M-F, 10:00 am – 4:00 pm

If anyone wants to make a donation to Steve so he can afford to keep rebuilding more bikes, you can designate funds on our website to Steve.

https://wings-for-life-international.secured.atpay.com/

5 – UNM Family Development Program Resource and Referral Survey
Hello Friends of Family Development Program,

FDP has been asked by New Mexico’s new Early Childhood Education and Care Department to discover how families learn about services available for their children.

If you have young children (ages 0-5) in your home, please consider sharing your advice and guidance with us by taking the short survey below.  Or, if you work with families with young children, please consider sharing this email with them.  Your input will help the State to better understand families’ needs.

Thank you for your time and reflections.

Family Development Program

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/UNM-FDP-Resource-and-Referral-Survey-YGPP5DK

6 – CABQ Temporary Staff Needed

The Department of Family and Community Services is looking to hire two (2) temporary Site Managers and eight (8) temporary Site Supervisor II positions to help the efforts to reduce the spread of COVID-19 in the community.

If you know anyone that may be interested please pass this message along to them.

Site Managers:

  • Will help manage the operations of a non-congregate shelter for the unhoused population.
  • Site Managers pay rate is $17.13 per hour.
  • Site Managers will have the ability to work 40 hours per week.
  • There are two shifts available and may include weekend shifts.
  • Site Managers will have the opportunity to work overtime if needed.

Site Supervisor II:

  • Will support Site Managers.
  • Pay rate is $11 per hour.
  • Will have the ability to work 40 hours per week.
  • There are two shifts available each day and may include weekend shifts.

All training and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be provided.

To apply contact: Riven Rock Staffing (temp agency): 505-336-4222

Inform Riven Rock Staffing that you would like to apply for either the Site Manager or Site Supervisor II position for the City of Albuquerque.

In Solidarity for Health Equity!

Enrique Cardiel, MPH

Executive Director

Bernalillo County Community Health Council

He/Him/His also Camarada
505.246.1638

Donate online to help keep our public health work thriving!
https://secure.givelively.org/donate/bernalillo-county-community-health-council

image002.jpg
image003.png
O-39.pdf