BCCHC Updates Pt. 2 11/20/2020

enr...@bchealthcouncil.org

Nov 20, 2020, 1:54:50 PM11/20/20
to bc...@googlegroups.com

BCCHC Community!

IN THIS EMAIL

1 – Information on COVID-19 Vaccine Pilot, Saturday, November 21, 12:30PM

2 – First Nations Testing Update

When I sent the other email I noticed I miss the timely notice listed in item 1. I also remembered that I had not sent out the second item and wanted to make sure to share here.

Then there were things sent by text or links via Zoom this week.

I was informed that someone was able to volunteer for the COVID hotline through the NM Medical Reserve Corps. I haven’t looked into it, though if you are interested please visit their website.

https://www.nmhealth.org/about/erd/bhem/mrc/

There is also a contact tracing training available through John Hopkins School of Public Health. You need to scroll down the page a little bit.

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/contact-tracing

I’ve been asked about online first aid, CPR, and street medicine courses. Here is a link sent to me. If you know of more resources please forward them.

https://www.fit4healthcoach.com/

1 – Information on COVID-19 Vaccine Pilot, Saturday, November 21, 12:30PM

https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_6UEYze63RhaWSQBwocCtxQ

Dear Community Leaders,

New Mexico is one of four states chosen for a COVID-19 vaccine delivery pilot program by Pfizer, one of the drugmakers at the forefront of a race to develop an effective vaccine.  Dr. James Hildreth, President/CEO Meharry Medical College, and one of the nation's leading experts in infectious diseases, including the coronovirus, will be delivering a keynote address at the NAACP State Conference on Saturday, November 21, at 12:30 pm, and will be discussing the COVID-19 Vaccine trials.   The conference is virtual and there is no cost to attend.  Reserve your space now to attend the NAACP 69th Annual Conference.

Best regards,

Pamelya Herndon, Chair

State Health Committee

NAACP State Conference of Branches

2 – First Nations Testing Update

Attached is the updated flyer for First Nations’ weekly Covid19 community testing event. First Nations Community HealthSource will be moving to the Department of Health (DOH) app (https://cvtestreg.nmhealth.org/ ). Everyone needing to be tested will need to sign up with this app. It’s user friendly, quick and accessible. The FNCH website and COVID direct telephone line sign up will no longer be available. Please share as needed. Thanks

3 – Trauma and Stress Training, Wednesday, December 9, 9AM

Regulate Then Educate

Trauma, Stress, COVID-19, and the Holidays!

Virtual Training Session on December 9, 2020 at 9 a.m. This training is free thanks to a grant from the Bernalillo County Behavioral Health Initiative, and will offer 3 hours of CEU's online! Register>> https://app.mobilecause.com/form/1lrqyA?vid=eck15

In Solidarity for Health Equity!

Enrique Cardiel, MPH

Executive Director

Bernalillo County Community Health Council

He/Him/His also Camarada
505.246.1638

Donate online to help keep our public health work thriving!
https://secure.givelively.org/donate/bernalillo-county-community-health-council

image001.png
2020 NMPHA Health Policy Forum.pdf