BCCHC Updates 11/13/2020

enr...@bchealthcouncil.org

Nov 13, 2020, 6:41:33 PM11/13/20
to bc...@googlegroups.com

BCCHC Community!

IN THIS EMAIL

1 – Governor’s Update

2 – Next BCCHC Meeting, Tuesday, November 24, 10AM

3 – Emergency Preparedness Meeting, Wednesday, November 18, 5:30PM

22 more New Mexicans were lost to COVID just today. This week we also lost Hannah Colton, KUNM News Editor. There have been many other losses in New Mexico and across the Country. Let’s take a moment to reflect upon those who have passed and what we can do to reduce preventable deaths.

1 – Governor’s Update

Today the Governor announced a new public health order. We are at a heightened level of restrictions. The restrictions go into place on Monday. A quick drive to a neighborhood grocery store showed long lines. Please consider “contactless” shopping, and take out only for restaurants starting now. We can all help by reducing the amount of crowds, time waiting, and the frustrations by staying out of lines as much as possible. If as many of us as possible show calm and think about how to reduce interactions we can contribute to keeping people safe and healthy.

Thanks to those of you who prepared ahead and do not need to rush out and go shopping right now. For those who have attended the emergency preparedness meetings we discussed about preparing for community. Hopefully those with enough resources have some extra food or other resources to share with neighbors. If you are not close to people to who may need support you can donate to ABQ Mutual Aid http://www.ffol.org/mutualaid.html They are one of several efforts able to get food to people who are not able to go shopping.

The details of the order are here.

https://cv.nmhealth.org/2020/11/13/n-m-hits-reset-re-enacting-most-heightened-level-of-statewide-public-health-restrictions/

2 – Next BCCHC Meeting, Tuesday, November 24, 10AM
We will continue meeting by Zoom. My best guess at this time is that will continue until the end of flu season.

NMPHA will talk about the Health Security Plan and the Annual Policy Forum.

No Minor Sales may present on tobacco sales to minors.

More may be added.

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88240844088?pwd=YkxmSmo3Q0RyQmVFRWo0bVMzTFBtQT09

Meeting ID: 882 4084 4088
Passcode: 946177
One tap mobile
+12532158782,,88240844088#,,,,,,0#,,946177# US (Tacoma)
+13462487799,,88240844088#,,,,,,0#,,946177# US (Houston)

Dial by your location
        +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
        +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington D.C)
        +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
        +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
Meeting ID: 882 4084 4088
Passcode: 946177
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kcNcPDsmXu

3 – Emergency Preparedness Meeting, Wednesday, November 18, 5:30PM

There is interest in continuing discussing emergency preparedness.

We will have on the agenda,

Breathing

Check Ins

Community Responding

Community Preparedness

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88192883590?pwd=SjRmYkl2NVAxaTFtQmdvRmtFOW5Gdz09

Meeting ID: 881 9288 3590
Passcode: 321699
One tap mobile
+16699006833,,88192883590#,,,,,,0#,,321699# US (San Jose)
+12532158782,,88192883590#,,,,,,0#,,321699# US (Tacoma)

Dial by your location
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
        +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
        +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
        +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington D.C)
        +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
Meeting ID: 881 9288 3590
Passcode: 321699
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kbxRjukap2

In Solidarity for Health Equity!

Enrique Cardiel, MPH

Executive Director

Bernalillo County Community Health Council

He/Him/His also Camarada
505.246.1638

Donate online to help keep our public health work thriving!
https://secure.givelively.org/donate/bernalillo-county-community-health-council

image001.png