HEC NPHW Day 1 04-05-21

enr...@bchealthcouncil.org

Apr 5, 2021, 4:31:11 PM4/5/21
to bc...@googlegroups.com

Hello HEC Community!

It is National Public Health Week!

Click here to read more about that http://www.nphw.org/Tools-and-Tips/Toolkit

Today’s Theme is Rebuilding – http://www.nphw.org/NPHW-2021/Rebuilding

We agree that rebuilding is not getting back to the old normal. A the American Public Health Association website states – “it means having the vision to create a better, more inclusive, more just world through public health. Public health infrastructure needs to be rebuilt and reinvested in: less than 3% of U.S. health spending is on public health. Amid the COVID-19 pandemic, the U.S. faces a growing shortage of health care providers. Racism is a public health crisis, causing health disparities, including in the rates of COVID-19 diagnoses and deaths. The pandemic has illuminated how race, place and income can affect a person’s health, and even survival, in the U.S. A lack of investment in maintaining the built environment, such as removing lead pipes from city water, is costing the U.S. money, health and lives. And one in four people in the U.S. does not have access to high-speed internet, which can prevent academic and economic achievement.”

These are issues that your Health Equity Council is concerned about and building capacity to work on.

Also we are honoring Jerry Montoya again with the Moment in Movement virtual event. We will post more about that soon. Here are some tags to look for on social media!
#MomentInMovement #EquityInMovement #BCCHCOnTheMove

From time to time you’ll see #QueEsHEC as well.

Let’s not just “recover” to where we were, let’s create a better world! Many are just rushing to get back to where we were. We want to go beyond that and include health for all.

In Solidarity for Health Equity!

Enrique Cardiel, MPH

Executive Director | Health Equity Council

He/Him/His also Camarada

P: 505.246.1638

E: enr...@bchealthcouncil.org

Donate online to help keep our public health work thriving!
https://secure.givelively.org/donate/bernalillo-county-community-health-council

image001.png