1John 2:18 AntiChrists

bcbs...@yahoo.com

Jun 6, 2024, 6:14:06 PMJun 6
to Bcbsr
AntiChrists

1John 2:18 Dear children, this is the last hour; and as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come. This is how we know it is the last hour.

John's readers were apparently informed concerning the antichrist and end times events, so he doesn't elaborate upon such things here. There is a specific person who is prophesied to come just a few years prior to Christ's return. Paul writes of this man in 2Thess 2:3-10

In the book of Revelation he is referred to as "the beast." But there are also antichrists who act as forerunners, being present throughout the history of the church.

By "the last hour" I think John is referring to the church age. It is the last epic - the last dispensation - prior to the Millennial Kingdom.