1John 5:9,10 God's Testimony

bcbs...@yahoo.com

Jul 24, 2024, 6:43:58 AM (3 days ago) Jul 24
to Bcbsr
God's Testimony

1John 5:9,10  We accept man’s testimony, but God’s testimony is greater because it is the testimony of God, which he has given about his Son. Anyone who believes in the Son of God has this testimony in his heart. Anyone who does not believe God has made him out to be a liar, because he has not believed the testimony God has given about his Son.

Jesus has the endorsement of both man's testimony and God's testimony. As for man's testimony there is the testimony of John the Baptist who said of Jesus, "Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!" John 1:29 and as for God's testimony Jesus said, "I have testimony weightier than that of John. For the very work that the Father has given me to finish, and which I am doing, testifies that the Father has sent me. And the Father who sent me has himself testified concerning me." John 5:36,37a He's referring to his the miracles. That is, as he says, "The miracles I do in my Father’s name speak for me." John 10:25 There is also the testimony of the Fathers word spoken from heaven at his baptism saying, "This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased." Mt 3:17, a similar incident occurring at his transfiguration.

Those, like Muslims and Jews today, who deny Jesus as the Son of God make the God of the Bible out to be liar. And as John said previously, "Who is a liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist who denies the Father and the Son." 1John 2:22