1John 4:13-16 A Reiteration of Evidences

bcbs...@yahoo.com

Jul 15, 2024, 5:25:06 AM (12 days ago) Jul 15
to Bcbsr
A Reiteration of Evidences

1John 4:13-16  We know that we live in him and he in us, because he has given us of his Spirit.  And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world. If anyone acknowledges that Jesus is the Son of God, God lives in him and he in God. And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him.

Here again he's reiterating some of his previous points whereby we know whether we have been born of God, namely:

1. By the internal witness of the Spirit (1John 3:24)

2. By our outward profession of Jesus (1John 2:23)

And in particular here our acknowledgement of him as the Son of God and Savior of the world.
3. By our love for one another, being a reflection of God's love (1John 3:14; 4:12)