2Cor 5:1-4 An Incorruptible Body

bcbs...@yahoo.com

Jan 26, 2024, 6:22:36 AMJan 26
to Bcbsr
An Incorruptible Body

2Cor 5:1-4 Now we know that if the earthly tent we live in is destroyed, we have a building from God, an eternal house in heaven, not built by human hands. Meanwhile we groan, longing to be clothed with our heavenly dwelling, because when we are clothed, we will not be found naked. For while we are in this tent, we groan and are burdened, because we do not wish to be unclothed but to be clothed with our heavenly dwelling, so that what is mortal may be swallowed up by life.

Notice the similar terminology he uses in chapter 15 "Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed— in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality. When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come true:  Death has been swallowed up in victory." 1Cor 15:51-54 The earthly tent he is referring to is the present physical body, and that which is eternal is the resurrected body, which is eternal.

No one desires their body to decay and die, though it is perhaps the thing of which we can have the most certainty. We will all most certainly die. And there is no reincarnation as some false religions claims. Rather, "man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment" Heb 9:27 But death is just a doorway for the saints to enter into something far better, a new home, eternal and uncorruptible.