1Cor 4:7,8 What do you attribute to God?

bcbs...@yahoo.com

May 2, 2023, 7:16:43 AM5/2/23
to Bcbsr
What do you attribute to God?

1Cor 4:7,8  For who makes you different from anyone else? What do you have that you did not receive? And if you did receive it, why do you boast as though you did not? Already you have all you want! Already you have become rich! You have become kings— and that without us! How I wish that you really had become kings so that we might be kings with you!

Those who are born rich often have a sense of entitlement to their wealth and look down upon those born less fortunate, as if wealth and social status were merely a function of human effort. And even for those who worked to get rich, to whom do they attribute thier wealth but themselves. But it's God who "determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live. God did this so that men would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from each one of us." Acts 17:26b-27 And though "you may say to yourself, 'My power and the strength of my hands have produced this wealth for me.' But remember the LORD your God, for it is he who gives you the ability to produce wealth." Deut 8:17,18

Likewise with those born-again. The saints inherit great riches in Christ, including having overseers and spiritual gifts. But beware of having a sense of entitlement, and beware of attributing your giftedness, the products of your labors, and your influence on others to yourself. God's grace provides all these.