2Cor 7:2 Exploit No One

bcbs...@yahoo.com

Feb 26, 2024, 8:01:05 AMFeb 26
to Bcbsr
Exploit No One

2Cor 7:2 Make room for us in your hearts. We have wronged no one, we have corrupted no one, we have exploited no one. That is Paul is not arguing that they should take him and his team to heart simply because of their status as messengers of the gospel, and people should not be gullible about whom they take to heart. For cults demand allegiance without discernment, without scrutiny.

Paul hadn't sinned against them, or past one corrupt teachings, nor exploited them by asking for money. In contrast there were other teachers around among whom Peter characterizes, "In their greed these teachers will exploit you with stories they have made up." 2Peter 2:3 Though it's difficult for most preachers today to make a similar appeal to appear convincing. But Paul could say, "Unlike so many, we do not peddle the word of God for profit. On the contrary, in Christ we speak before God with sincerity, like men sent from God." 2Cor 2:17 Getting paid for ministry calls into question one's motivation, even despite the purity of one's doctrine.

Bottom line is that if we expect people to make room for us in heart we must earn that right by proving our pure doctrine through pure behavior and pure motivation by demanding nothing in return for our services.