2Cor 5:6-9 I'd Rather Be Dead

bcbs...@yahoo.com

Jan 30, 2024, 7:15:03 AMJan 30
to Bcbsr
I'd Rather Be Dead

2Cor 5:6-9 Therefore we are always confident and know that as long as we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord. We live by faith, not by sight. We are confident, I say, and would prefer to be away from the body and at home with the Lord. So we make it our goal to please him, whether we are at home in the body or away from it.

To the Philippians Paul writes, "If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose? I do not know! I am torn between the two: I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far; but it is more necessary for you that I remain in the body." Php 1:22-24, which also answers the question as to whether upon death one goes to be immediately with the Lord or enters into some unconscious "soul sleep" state for thousands of years until the resurrection. For if the later were the case then Paul would not have struggled between these two options. For he saw the options as either.

1. Laboring in the physical body OR
2. dying and being immediately with the Lord

He didn't view the second option as merely entering into some soul sleep state which he would have viewed as a waste of his time when he could have been doing fruitful labor for the Lord. Thus upon death the Christian enters into the Lord's presence. For to be away from the body is to be at home with the Lord.