1Cor 6:1-3 Judging Trivial Things

1 view

bcbs...@yahoo.com

May 18, 2023, 7:09:28 AM5/18/23
to Bcbsr
Judging Trivial Things

1Cor 6:1-3  If any of you has a dispute with another, dare he take it before the ungodly for judgment instead of before the saints? Do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if you are to judge the world, are you not competent to judge trivial cases? Do you not know that we will judge angels? How much more the things of this life!

Notice that contrary to Catholicism "saints" in the Bible refers to ordinary Christians. All genuine Christians are "saints".

The saints should be willing and able to settle matters between themselves. Jesus established the procedure, "If your brother sins against you, go and show him his fault, just between the two of you. If he listens to you, you have won your brother over. But if he will not listen, take one or two others along, so that ‘every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.’  If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church; and if he refuses to listen even to the church, treat him as you would a pagan or a tax collector." Mt 18:15-17

Now "If we endure, we will also reign with him." 2Tim 2:12  and one aspect of that reign will be judging - not only judging people, but judging angels (likely meaning the fallen angels). "Behold, the Lord comes with ten thousands of His saintsto execute judgment on all, to convict all who are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have committed in an ungodly way, and of all the harsh things which ungodly sinners have spoken against Him." Jude 1:14,15

And what are the "trivial" things of this life? Primarily material possessions.