1Cor 7:21-24 Don't be Slaves of Men

bcbs...@yahoo.com

Jun 8, 2023, 6:54:22 AM6/8/23
to Bcbsr
Don't be Slaves of Men

1Cor 7:21-24  Were you a slave when you were called? Don’t let it trouble you— although if you can gain your freedom, do so. For he who was a slave when he was called by the Lord is the Lord’s freedman; similarly, he who was a free man when he was called is Christ’s slave. You were bought at a price; do not become slaves of men. Brothers, each man, as responsible to God, should remain in the situation God called him to.

"He died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again." 2Cor 5:15 Getting saved is free just like joining the US Marine Corp is free. When a person becomes a Christian they obligate themselves to live for Christ. And this is our pledge when we call Jesus Lord, as Jesus said, "Why do you call me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ and do not do what I say?" Luke 6:46

Slavery to men is to be avoided and freedom gained if the opportunity affords such. But it should not trouble Christians so much as to resort to murder to escape from slavery. There are far more important issues to the saints than bettering one's condition so as to experience greater freedom giving one more options. in life. Nonetheless Paul sets a good example in exhorting Philemon to set free his slave, Onesimus who had become a Christian. Yet Paul also exhorted this runaway slave to return to serve Philemon - no longer as a slave but as a son, as he also says in Gal 4:7 "you are no longer a slave, but a son" And "you, my brothers, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature; rather, serve one another in love." Gal 5:13