2Cor 7:5-7 Ministry Feelings

bcbs...@yahoo.com

Feb 28, 2024, 7:37:04 AMFeb 28
to Bcbsr
Ministry Feelings

2Cor 7:5-7 For when we came into Macedonia, this body of ours had no rest, but we were harassed at every turn— conflicts on the outside, fears within. But God, who comforts the downcast, comforted us by the coming of Titus and not only by his coming but also by the comfort you had given him. He told us about your longing for me, your deep sorrow, your ardent concern for me, so that my joy was greater than ever.

As noted earlier Paul was worried about the Corinthian church and for good reason, given what was written in 1Corinthians. In fact he was so bothered that he left a ministry opportunity to seek for news of the Corinthians from Titus. "Now when I went to Troas to preach the gospel of Christ and found that the Lord had opened a door for me, I still had no peace of mind, because I did not find my brother Titus there. So I said good-by to them and went on to Macedonia." 2Cor 2:12,13

Again we note the ministry isn't all about doctrine. It should impact one's emotional state, and not just positively. If fellow Christians are not doing well we should feel bad. Notice also that one's motional state should be affected by others, just like that of a parent to their children's life, but also Paul expresses his emotions. This indeed is a lesson not only to ministers but also to parents who reserve the expression of their emotions unduly.

Now granted that it says, "A fool has no delight in understanding, But in expressing his own heart." Pr 18:2, and there are those who make ministry solely about one's emotions or one's subjective opinions, yet there should be some expression of one's heart.