2Cor 6:8-10 Diverse Impressions

bcbs...@yahoo.com

Feb 19, 2024, 6:23:46 AMFeb 19
to Bcbsr
Diverse Impressions

2Cor 6:8-10 through glory and dishonor, bad report and good report; genuine, yet regarded as impostors; known, yet regarded as unknown; dying, and yet we live on; beaten, and yet not killed; sorrowful, yet always rejoicing; poor, yet making many rich; having nothing, and yet possessing everything.

Just as Christ was viewed completely differently by his enemies, so also with ministers of Christ. And likewise with the message, "For we are to God the aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing. To the one we are the smell of death; to the other, the fragrance of life." 2Cor 2:15,16 Therefore do not rely upon public opinion when evaluating such people. Rather evaluate them in accordance with the truth.

To be an effective minister of the gospel one much react well to opposition. But of the many contrasts given here what I find most interesting is sorrowful yet always rejoicing. For that is not about circumstances, but about attitude. The Christian can be sorrowful and yet rejoicing at the same time, for Christian joy is less about surface emotions as it is one's inner hope. Thus it is written of Jesus "who for the joy set before him endured the cross" Heb 12:2b and yet we don't see that joy during that time period as the world views joy.